• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota River Question

crazyice

I have never fished this river by boat, but am thinking that given all the nice fish being caught I might have to venture that way. What kind of areas produce better right now? Creek inlets, deep holes, snags?? I didn't get into flathead fishing until later in the year last year and that was on the Mississippi, so I am just looking for some general info, obviously not specific spots. Also where are some of the better landings say from Henderson and to the north?

With the way the water has been dropping the last week, I think the spots that have been working are going to be changing a bit in the near future. For example, a large eddy current we were fishing Friday night was nearly gone by Sunday night as the water dropped over 1' in 2 days.

I'm not a real big fan of giving out specific location info on the web for everyone and the world to see, good spots are seriously limited and the river is becoming more crowded every week.

However, the current will tell you where you need to be fishing, as will the baitfish. Get out there, cruise around and you should be able to figure something out. Most deep holes are getting blasted with current right now, thats why they are deep. smile Most snagpiles are hidden under the water. You can start to rule out some of these options as you just can't hold a bait down on 6-8 ounces in these areas.

As for the landings, it might be hit or miss now, depends on how quickly the DNR gets them cleaned out. You'll be able to get your boat in and out but expect to get muddy doing it.

Hope that helps somewhat, if not, I do have an e-mail address. winkwink

Quote:

I got WWG and his boat a little muddy the other night before I located the 4WD switch in his truck

I slipped the other night at the launch on some clay and hurt my back. Did not bite the dust, but the jarring jerk-bait, caused something in my lower back to be sore the last couple days.

We had to hit 3 launches the other night before we found one that was not a big mess.

After this, launched boat, missed big fish and only got a couple hours in fishing due to lightning.

I plan on hitting the MN this weekend. We will see what happens.

I have never fished this river by boat, but am thinking that given all the nice fish being caught I might have to venture that way. What kind of areas produce better right now? Creek inlets, deep holes, snags?? I didn't get into flathead fishing until later in the year last year and that was on the Mississippi, so I am just looking for some general info, obviously not specific spots. Also where are some of the better landings say from Henderson and to the north?

I talked to Tyler about doing some fishing with you and him on the MN for a trip to the Zumbro or Miss. Shoot me an e-mail [email protected]