• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polairs Parts

eyestogills

Hey, I was greasing up wheeler and getting ready to ride and found I have a bent a-arm on my scrambler. And a torn Rubber boot. I pulled it all apart and cleaned it up. Anyone know if there is a salvage lot or used parts dealer in the Twin cities or surrounding area.

Or what are your favorite parts shops?

All I need is the inner bar to the A-arm. The metal sleeve that you screw into from both ends. And then an end sleeve for it that looks like a rubber gasket and brass washer. and then a rubber boot for the drive axle.

Thanks for any help

I have a scrambler as well is the a-arm bent or just the bushing that holds the a-arm to the frame?

also the rubber boot, I would just buy from the dealer. there are 2special clips that go around each end of the cv-boot that are a pain to get on. an extra set of hands really makes this job alot easier when you put those clips back on.

the cv-boot kit also comes with a packet of grease. I would not take my chance on buying that boot used and especialy without grease and the 2 clips.

i just checked online and you should be able to get all of those parts for about $45 or so.

they are not too bad to replace but a service manual will really help make the job easy. I also suggest while you have the hub apart that you replace the armature plate on that side.

Rundrave--

It is actually just the inner bar of the a-arm. The thing you screw the bolts into that hangs onto the suspension of the machine. Any parts store may have one, I am just not sure. The black frame a-arm is not bent. ( I took both sides apart and made sure)

What is the armature plate?

I dont have a book. I have torn these darm thing apart enough to usually get by. But I obviously do not have the names of everything down.

I see the kit your speaking of on the boot. Yea probably would make sense to buy new. I had a hard time jsut getting those silly clamps off. Not sure how a new one would go on. You think a hose clamp of some sort would work better?

Do you know a place in town that should have this stuff on hand, maybe even today?

any polaris dealership will usually have those parts on hand.

I am still confused as to what you need exactly for this bolt you are talking about.

Is it the parts in this pic 26, 25, 23 and 22?

a-arm.jpg