Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
merkman

Do you think this would work?

67 posts in this topic

I was wondering if one of these would work to clean out the spear hole ie 2 ~ 6 inches of ice.

c7798180-d90e-464f-8bb4-dc9e5b453ff2_4.j

It would be nice if it would. I have several batteries at home and it seems like it would be a nice clean way to open up the hole.

Lots of people use chain saws to cut spear holes. Just don't use any chain oil or your hole will be filmed over.

I was just wondering if anyone tried a cordless rechargeable chainsaw.

Would it have enough umph to work?

i have never done it. I have the ice saw from Fish Toys. Love it to dealth.

Melted ice and electrical components don't mix. Do you have a warranty?

I have a Fish Toys ice saw too, but when it is unfolded it is too tall for my fish house (it hits the ceiling). I spoke (I think electronically) to Fish Toys last year about making a interchangeable handle and he said it would be difficult for him to do (alignment issues with existing saws).

So that has become another one of my summer projects.

I will make a replacement interchangeable handle that will look something like this.

I will post pics when I am done. (I am thinking September ~October timeframe)

2125969240_b8da38922f.jpg?v=0

im happy to say my wife will be getting me an ice saw from fishtoys for fathers day. so she said. yiiiiipppppeee!!!!

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear

I have a Fish Toys ice saw too, but when it is unfolded it is too tall for my fish house (it hits the ceiling).

I have never seen anyone cut the hole from inside the house. Just cut the hole and slide the house over the hole when you are done. Sounds like you are making too much work out of this.

Doesn't that get a lot of chain oil in the water?

you don't put oil in the saw when cutting ice. Most guys have a separate chain saw just for spearing.

I don't see the point in this saw, I will agree that Fish Toys saws are still the best!!! For the money you spend on this saw it wouldn't get used enough i don't think. Look at when we had our Get the Gator last year, there was way to much ice to use it then. I think this year BNS and Myself will make a video using fish toys saws, for all our fellow FM'ers!!!! grin

thats to much work carring that thing around. Get a saw from Fish Toys, and be done. You know you want one bud!!!!!!!

That thing is kind of cool!!! I agree with BNS about caring the thing around but the biggest thing i don't like to do is push the box under that ice.

Ya, it looks awesome, and im sure its great, but just think about getting it out there. Thats alot of work.

hey guys, just thought id let you know that i will now be the proud owner of a new fishtoys icesaw. my wife gave me the paypal reciept with my fathers day card on sunday. are the lakes froze yet??????? i should be getting it soon, she ordered it thurs morning.

Congrats glenn57!!

You could practice on some block ice to tide you over until freeze up!! grin

Glenn,

Now this just means that your going to have to get out and spear alot more then last year being you have the saw!!