• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morson Report

Fish were on!!! We released 6 fish over 20" on Saturday. Worked Brule most of the time. Sunday the fish seemed to be scattered and no big ones. With the big storm on Sunday night we didn't even attempt to wet a line yesterday. Back in three weeks. Fish should be transitioning by then.

Please keep the posts coming.

We fished out west Saturday and Sunday. Fishing was decent on Saturday released a 20 and a 25" fish. Lots of 15-16" fish as well. Sunday was better for us. Plenty of fish including a 20, 23& 26". The latter three being released.

We used jigs and minnows and jigs and GULP. We tried spinners but the jigs were more succesful. Found fish anywhere from 11' to 25' of water.

Back up June 11th.

Three of us fished Tuesday, May 20th thru Friday, May 23rd. Good numbers for Walleyes, average size was okay but below normal. We did get a 22", 24" and 26" between us. Went over the portage in to Whitefish on Thursday but only got two Northerns. Talked with two guys that were staying at Vic and Dots towards the South end of W.F.B. and they told us that nobody in camp were getting any Lakers. That's odd at ten days after "Ice out". Back up July 10th.

Made it up for 2 days this weekend. Got out friday afternoon with Wildthing and we didnt have to venture too far. We could see the docks at Buena Vista Resort from where we were fishing. Lot of nice eaters, threw several back in the 19 1/2 to 25 1/2 inch range. 7-12 ft with some sand rock/rubble. didnt seem to matter what color jig, got the fish on minnows and Gulp. Went up to Whitefish bay for lakers and only got one northern on saturday. Seen other guys catch a few lakers trolling. A bunch of us even went out saturday evening after a hearty fish fry and fished off the gov't dock. Got some more nice eaters, lost a few because we werent using a net and threw back a bunch of smaller fish. It was kinda funny when I was out with Wildthing, where we were fishing, we were the only boat there and when we left there was about 8-9 boats and looked like everyone was catching fish. We just stayed in our little area where we caught our fish. People would be cruising on by and make a hard left and come on in. That was the only spot we tried that day. Not sure when I will make it up again but will most likely be a day trip. But 4th of July weekend for sure.

B-dude, way too much information!!!

Hey, it was fun! I didn't fish much over the four days, maybe about 5 hours total, but the fish were indeed on, even if the weather wasn't all the time.

On Sunday afternoon I had my wife, 10 year old and 2 year old back to the same spot that B-dude and I hit on Friday. We had a tripple on at one point, in 20 mph whitecaps trying to fish on the windy side! Great fun!! We released the big one, heard thunder and got back to the boathouse just in time to beat the storm.

The wind seemed to really turn them on, very shallow, 10 feet and less.

My wife caught what may be her PB walleye, a bit over 26 inches but really solid fish. We caught more fish over 18 inches than we did smaller than 18'' That's pretty incredible.

White Gulp minnows did just as well as real minnows, fyi!!

Monday morning was so bad - 39 degrees, rain and whitecaps -- didn't even start up the boat. Kind of a wasted day, but so it goes.

The only bad thing is I won't be back up for another two weeks! Arrrrgggggghhh.

Take care all, be safe...

Spent two weeks at the lake. Talked with Eastwind. Best opening week fishing we have ever had. Went five days before we caught a fish under 16". Trolled bottom bouncers and spinners. Caught all our fish in 12'. Only fished a couple of hours each day. Lots of fish between 23 and 25". Put back a 28" beauty. My buddy's daughter released a 30" fish on Sunday before Memorial Day. Back in two weeks.

Went up Friday and fished through Sunday afternoon. Had fantastics walleye fishing - beautiful 15-18" fish all weekend along with some over 20". I've never thrown back so many "eaters." We caught ours on jigs and grubs/Gulp - didn't buy any live bait and caught fish 8-12'. I think I lost sight of Hanson Bay three times all weekend to boot. Also caught some nice smallies and a nice northern.