• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A rare MN sighting..no pics

ironman

Unfortunately I had no camera and even if I did it happened so fast that I doubt I would have been fast enough. Just making some casts off shore up at the cabin which is on the Crow Wing River between Motley and Pillager, when I spot this duck flying up river. Now being that I'm an obsessed waterfowler I noticed it from a ways off, flying like a bat out of you know where it had to be a teal. To my amazement and joy it flew past me at about 40-50 yrds, he banked right so I could see him in all his glory. The first drake cinnamon teal I've ever seen in the wild!! Must of decided to head east for alittle memorial day vacation.

That's a great sighting, ironman! They typically only nest as far east as eastern Montana but are seen across the eastern U.S. now and then during migration. I've always found it interesting how birds that migrate seem to wander so much during migration. Neat that you saw him! gringrin