• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant Chick Mortality

I am a commercial pheasant producer and have experienced a frustrating problem this Spring. My chick mortality rate is running between 40-50% the first week. It usually is under 5%. I bought these chicks from (please note forum policy, no bashing allowed. Thank You) this year and they say they aren't haveing any problems with the ones they are raising out of the same groups.

Is there anyone else out there who is raising birds and having problems or is it just me?

I got another batch from another hatchery last week with less than 1% loss. I've been doing this for over 20 years so this is a frustration. Orygun

I raised and hatch birds for years and never ran into any problems but I did not purchase chicks from other game farms. Could it have been the food supply for the first batch or something in the water? How old were the chicks when you recieved them and was there enough heat to not worry about the chicks getting cold?