• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BASS PICTURES 2008!!!!

HossFisher

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a few from last weekend. Sorry about the poor quality but they are all from my phone.

My little brother with a spawned out 5-1.

mark5-1.jpg

Him with a fat 3-15 ealier in the day.

mark3-15.jpg

This one is from bass opener. The first bass my dad landed out of his new boat. Also 5-1.

5-1.jpg

My dad with a topwater 4-15.

4-15.jpg

And me with a Spook Jr. 2 at a time.

2atatime.jpg

I got some other big fish too, but no one to take pics of me.

Sled,

How much did those bass weigh or measure?

My largemouth was almost 5 lbs. around 19 inches.

As for the rest. We pretty much just stopped measuring em, whats the point since we catch so many that size anyway. Less numbers to worry about then!

We pretty much just stopped measuring em, whats the point since we catch so many that size anyway. Less numbers to worry about then!

Sounds like a nice problem to have grin

Sled, are you still fishing Vermillion.

I was up there this weekend and brought only my kayak to do some senko, tube, spinner tossing on the shores and the few docks that were out. The bite was not good. Not good at all. Historically I could get into 20 plus fish mornings. Not this weekend very slow but I did hook into a musky to tow me around a bit

Sled, are you still fishing Vermillion.

I was up there this weekend and brought only my kayak to do some senko, tube, spinner tossing on the shores and the few docks that were out. The bite was not good. Not good at all. Historically I could get into 20 plus fish mornings. Not this weekend very slow but I did hook into a musky to tow me around a bit

Havent been on vermilion yet this year. Ive never did well for numbers AND SIZE for smallies there till after the 4th of july. This year is 2 weeks behind also. The fishing is good elsewhere...so Im not complaining.

Thank you Sled. You are correct in that my best fishing has been in July. I think the late spring and colder water definatly slowed the bite on the big V. The eye bite seems okay.

So for you smallie fishing are you fishing a lake or river in the Vermillion area?

I know in years past you have spent time on the big V tossing my favorite senko combo for the smallies

l_ca0708270a8a2d18980df0e0ab549878.jpg

18.5" and a 18" two nice bass out of a limit to get us 2nd place for the tourney. Worming the weed lines, most fun I have had on the water in a LONG TIME!

l_9a01ecb3479c92803d39054674ad93d6.jpg

Opening morning bass, first of the season 18", spinner bait on Sauk Lake

Thanks everyone for the comments. I was just casting and reeling buzzbaits, spinnerbaits and crankbaits. The dates are all messed on the pics. (new batteries) but I reset the date now.

"Sled, can I be yer kid for a week?" No chit - I want to fish with Sled - sheesh those are huge smallies - nice job and yer kid is all grins.

Yeah it has been a good year so far and I have been pulling some nice bass consistantly, which makes for an interesting start to the season.

BNS, I was thinking about heading out the sylvia as well this weekend so I might catch you out there, keep an eye out for the huge white lund, and thats where the fish will be wink

Jeremy, I am always looking to team up and get out fishing. Won't have another tourney until July though. I am heading to Alabama/Flordia from the 18-28 of June.

See ya on the water!

ALL-IN

Geppy, Are you from MN? I noticed according to the time stamp the those were caught in Feb. which is practically impossible in MN. Although the time stamp could be wrong...

The lakes dont freeze over in southern Mn do they?

As far as I know they do, the ponds froze in nebraska while i was living there so I'd assume they's freeze.