Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HateHumminbird

Creamy Morel Sauce

2 posts in this topic

Found a few pounds turkey hunting with the D-man, and had some to burn. Admittedly, morels aren't required for this recipe, but using quite a bit extra really made for a great topping on venison steak. Seriously good with fresh bread to soak up all that's left!

Creamy Mushroom (Morel) Sauce

Put on top of steaks, chicken, fish, etc.

• 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

• 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter

• ¼ cup finely chopped shallots – S & P to taste

• 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced

• ¼ cup sherry

• 15-20 morels or other mushrooms (large ones sliced)

• 2 cups chicken broth

• ½ cup heavy cream

• 2 Tbsp cornstarch

• 3 Tbsp. cold water, to mix with cornstarch

In medium sized saucepan, heat oil and butter on high heat. Add shallots, season with S & P, then carmelize. Add garlic and cook briefly, until aromatic. Add sherry and cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add mushrooms and chicken broth, cook 5-6 minutes, backing down heat a bit to prevent overboil. Add cream, cook for additional 4-5 minutes until slightly thickened. Add cornstarch slurry for final thickening. Stir briskly enough to keep cornstarch from binding to morels, not too much so as to prevent breaking up mushrooms too much.

This is a good recipe. Made one almost identical last night with porterhouse's. Of course it's the morels that make it!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• First off, the comment I made which you replied to with a hypothesis never stated that there was proof they did anything wrong. I merely and accurately stated that there was a chance they did some of the same things and it appears that may be the case.   You said plainly that VW could have chosen the Daimler tech but chose not to. In the end doing so may very well have found them in the same boat.    
    • Haula is probably going to see a lot of playing time so I don't doubt he will have some nice years, kind of like how Brodziak scored 20 playing as our first line center. I like Schroeder as first call up or emergency player but he just can't consistently bring it in the NHL, that is no crime because when he gets hot he is fun to watch but he just can't stay there. 
    • That's some good info, Thanks.
    •   I think they're shut down, too.  Smells like no money and more welfare...    
    •   Not sure if their still producing cardboard up at that plant anymore?
    • Now Haula and Tuch will have career seasons next year.  Haula is the odds on favorite to win the Ross trophy and Tuch should have a couple Norris' in the next 5 years.     Sounds like Wild might not bring Schroeder back either.  I really hope they are contenders for a strong center or a really nice goal scorer.  
    • Good point about the center support.  I wandered out to my ground blind on one of the last days of archery season to find the roof caved in and two poles busted. 
    • MMmmm Cloquet....   Smells like money.
    • I am a little concerned with it fading but it needs to be left up for the deer to get accustomed to it so no way around that.   I assume the sun is the main culprit in fading so I'll do my best to protect against that.  One spot I'm considering is tucked into some pines which create a lot of shade, brushing it in heavily should also help keep it out of direct sun as well.   Good point about a center support to help with the snow.  I'll make sure to add something.
    • interesting? oh its raining here too!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Our Sponsors