Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremy airjer W

Grass going to seed?

5 posts in this topic

Sorry if this is a well beatin topic. I noticed today the the lawn has gone to seed. Is that good or bad? If its good is there a time frame that should be observed before mowing it down?

It happens every year around now.

I just mow it when it needs to be cut.

It's not actually going to 'seed'. It is actually flowering, much like corn when it tassles. For it to go to seed, you'd need it to flower and then set seed... a couple of months time. You are just mowing off the flower head... no bigee.

Good Luck!

Ken

Every few years it seems like the grass starts to "flower" or "go to seed" sooner, or when the grass is actually shorter than you would expect it to start to do so. Some years it seems like the grass get's a lot taller before it does that, and now this year, for me any way, the grass it doing it at 4 inches length. I know my neighbors have noticed that same thing in their yards as well, and it seems like you notice it does this every 2-3 years.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•     If it gets here anytime in the near future, del is either going to have to start making trips to Mexico or go visit Dr Juice..      

• I'm thinking the same thing, it's coming.
    •     As of 2013, (four years ago) 58 percent were in favor of legalizing marijuana too, and the FDA and DEA haven't even budged...   http://www.gallup.com/poll/165539/first-time-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx
    •   1.  You don't have to be Michelangelo to know that Jackson Pollock was a terrible painter. 2.  Yes, that's 100% true. 
    •   Actually he is a hypocrite in 2 different ways.   1. He called out someone else's skill but was unwilling to show us how it is done. 2. He likely only called you out because you are a liberal picking on his republican buddy. If someone like Uncle Bill had made that picture he would have probably just "liked" it and moved on.
    • Don't forget, single payer is what Trump was backing many years ago. He may be angling to get it now.   Think about it. As far a partisan politics go, this would be a genius move for the republicans if the think tanks could come up with a way to spin it to the base.    Whatever party passes single payer will solidify at least a couple of consecutive presidential terms like the Democrats did.
    • I don't think he's a hypocrite, even though I question his skills as he failed to even identify the tool I poorly used.  He's just capable of identifying objectively poor photoshopping and a tool for pointing it out.  There isn't much that can change that.
    •   http://www.gallup.com/poll/191504/majority-support-idea-fed-funded-healthcare-system.aspx   58% are already in favor of single payer. I bet after last week's fiasco, those numbers go up even higher.
    •   Your candidate is turning out to be a deplorable human being, congratulations.     Neither would have Trump.     Just like Trump...     Remember, Trump was a Democrat at that same time.
    • Maybe not in 20 years.   I would be amazed if in my remaining lifetime.      I thought the article about how it works in Germany was interesting for those who still read actual words.      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Germany    
  • Our Sponsors