• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

motor repair

riverdancer

Question

5 answers to this question

Where is the block cracked? Does it leak water or oil, if it is a surface crack that doesn't involve a valve seat or the cylinder walls it can be easily repaired with J-B Weld. Yes I know i sound like Paul Harvey, If you clean the crack area throughly and slightly V the crack, mix the epoxy according to instructions You should have no trouble especially if you leave it "set" properly. If the crack is on a verticle surface mix up the epoxy and fill in the crack and trap the epoxy inside of a little duct tape to hold it still till the epoxy sets. I have repaired a lot of things and have found that good cleaning is very important, and not rushing the repair and trying to use the item before the epoxy is set.

Re: the cracked powerhead on your engine, if you end up having to replace it your best bet would be to go with a PMC powerhead. It will be about half the cost of a factory part and has as good if not better warranty. (12 or 24 mo. no fault, unlimited hours, no cost to you repair or replacement.) I have been in the marine ind for about 10 yrs. and have used many of them, I think their quality is actually better than OMC factory new! I beleive that only sell to dealers. You should be able to look them up on the net under PMC north america. They also sell complete rebuilt OBs, lower units, snowmobile, atv and pwc engines