• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reparing fly rod???

Is there a way to repair the tip of a fly rod? It busted probably a good 8 inches down on the tip. I didn't think my rod was sticking out the car window when i decided to roll it up mad

There is....you can find a section of a rod that will fit snuggly 3/4" or more on either side of the break and use a good two part epoxy to glue it in place. Fiberglass works best if you can get ahold of it. You will probably have to remove the tip and a guide or 2 depending on where you broke it. It is best to slide it down from the top so that the taper is snug. You will need to wrap thread over it and then a coat of thread epoxy to protect the thread. Re-wrap the guides, finish and you are ready to go fishing again.

I have repaired a couple of rods this way and it turns out pretty well and if you are neat it looks pretty good.