• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

97 grand prix ?

I just recently bought a 97 grand prix se that was used as a drug busting car. The one problem I have is that the passenger windows don't go down(power windows), any suggestions. Drivers side work nice, Haven't done any multi metering. Any ideas on how to fix?

Ps AirJer what do ya know about 79 dodge power wagon?

Welcome to HSO/FM JBD!

Ps AirJer what do ya know about 79 dodge power wagon?

Giggle, It should have been out out to pasture long ago! grin

I assume the grand am is a four door since you said the "passenger side windows". The first thing I would check is the master switch on the drivers door. A test light is ideal for this. Connect the test light to ground and check all the wires for power. Once you have noted all the wires that have power hold the passenger front window switch in the up position and recheck all the wires. Only one more wire should light up the test light. Do the samee thing for down. Again only one more wire should illuminate, If more than one wire lights up the master switch is bad and it is sending power on both wires to the window motor instead of supplying one power and one ground.

If that all checks out you will need to go to the passenger side switches and repeat the process. If that checks out than you'll have to pull the door panels and check to see if power and ground are making it to the window motor. Remember the switch will "switch" which wire is power and ground depending on if you want the window to go up or down.

If powers and grounds check out tap the motors while holding the switch in the down position if they magically start working you just solved the problem. 2 new window motors and your all set for Phoenix, If thats the car your talking. I'd just make sure the a/c works before you leave!!!!

4wanderingeyes, can you get a wiring diagram for this? JBD is my brother so if you could send it to me I'll get it to him. If you can thanks in advance!!

I assume the grand am is a four door since you said the "passenger side windows

Now I don't feel so bad, you did the same thing I did on another thread a while back.... He said Grand Prix, and you are talking Grand Am. Either way the procedures to check are the same. But I've put quite a few more window motors in Grand Prixs than Grand Ams for some reason, although the last Grand Prix I did ended up being the switch AND the motor.

I put in a motor and it worked good, but it also had an intermittent bad switch, that cost me a comeback and I don't like those frown

Thanks for the Diagrams. Buy the way I rebuilt the carb. on the truck and am in the process of rebuilding the brakes. seems to run ok if you let it warm up some. Sounds sweet with no exhaust and that dixie horn. HA Thanks again.