Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GudeMN

Ever heard of Triumph Boats out of NC?

2 posts in this topic

After 3 years with no boat, my wife and I are finished kicking out kids. I've been given the green light to rejoin the ranks of "MEN" and get a boat this summer. One stipulation includes Fish/Ski capabilities. I can go with that due to some fishable Fish/Ski models out there. In my searching I ran across a Triumph. After checking out the HSOforum I'm intrigued. Anyone have any experience in them. How's the ride, are they as indestructible as claimed, and what's the weight of the boat compared to glass. I am mainly a walleye guy so need something that can handle some rolling seas. Thanks for any help.

I can tell you what I know...I was looking for a center console boat and ran into Logic boats about 10 years ago, they turned into triumph boats at some point in the last few years. I read a lot about them, talked to a few people online, even looked at a used one down in the cities a couple years ago. It was OK, but only a 17 and smaller than I wanted. As I understand, they are roto-molded construction, as opposed to fiberglass. They don't hold a shine like gel coat. They sometimes have issues with the hull slightly warping out of water (saw a few pics on the net of this), thier lines aren't as true in general. Kind of like a coleman canoe. Tough, but not as refined as some. They are said to ride well, I think the weight is slightly less then fiberglass. Very tough boats as well. Many guys are satisfied with them, the price point is right, and if I'd have found the right one I'd have bought it after everything I'd seen written on them. I eneded up finding a 20'BayChamp glass CC 2 years ago, so I'm set now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Google;   Sayyid Qutb  and you can then read and decide on your own where and how todays Islamic Fundamentalists originated. 
    • Also check out discount ramps dot com
    • Hotspot outdoors of course!
    • Money to be made, and the cold war (you remember the cold war, right?) was the reason we did various things.    Go read about Stalin and his successors to see why we were worried about the Soviet Union.   What we did might or might not have turned out like we hoped but that doesn't change what the situation was.   
    • Dave, your economist wants immigrants to meet requirements like posting a bond or having assets.  Why should they do that when they can just come in with nothing through the porous borders?   Isn't the argument about open borders vrs controlled immigration?   Would the 11 million undocumented have to go back home and post a bond?     If the US through its political process decides to allow immigrants, that's cool.    But that is not what we have now.   Better pick that mike back up.  
    • I'm still trying to figure out why we pushed the coup in Ukraine, other than to cause trouble of course.
    •   Ditto, almost exactly the same. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on decoys if your just starting.
    •   To tell you the truth. I have never cleaned a cottontail ever that didn't have flees all over them in the winter. So I just stop hunting them and went for Snowshoes which are bigger and never found flees on them, oddly?
    •   Seems the hares are down from when I was younger but the cottontails seem plentiful enough. I popped these with a 20 gauge shotgun while grousing
    • I use to go for Snowshoes a lot in the winter with a scoped 22. It was fun sneaking through the pines looking for them. See the little black eye and "bing".  Seems like they just fell off the face of the earth for many years so I just gave up trying for them. I'm sure with the big "Down with Fur" thing and not many taking out as many Fox and Yotes by trapping it really took a hit on the bunnies!  I wrote the DNR back a few years ago and asked them about it and he said: we really don't manage the Rabbits at all. And he gave me the old "Grouse BS". Their just at the bottom of their 10 year cycle!   Seems to always be their answer!
  • Our Sponsors