• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hunting during rain

tednugefan

it suposed to rain tomorrow and i am a new turkey hunter. only my second year. does any one have any tips for me when hunting in the rain. maybe just do more calling or something? anything will help. thanks

Hit the open fields, pastures, meadows or roads. The birds are usually less vocal and tend to flydown later. So I'd actually call a bit less and sit longer on a field edge or open meadow. Good raingear or a blind are also nice. wink

Good Luck!

I finally managed to kill a bird this after after alot of failed seasons, this is my advice...Just spend as much time in the woods as you can, don't get discouraged when you don't see or hear any birds for awhile, and you can't kill one sitting on the computer.

Well the weather rolled in and shortened my evening hunt a bit. However, all the thunder did help me keep tabs on the gobbers location as they moved to roost. Nothing like thunder for getting a tom to shock gobble. laugh