Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GotOne

Gander Mtn....Now that's service

49 posts in this topic

Had a 2 year old guide series rod that I broke the last 3 or 4 inches on opening wknd and Gander replaced it free with the same rod-no questions asked. Just thought that I would say something nice about them, with all the folks here that don't seem to care for them.

Nice to see a good post!!!

I have 3 guide series rods, no problems with them, and I rather like them.

I like 6.5ft IM 8's and have had the same great service. Busted a tip brought it in and they had me grab a new one off the shelf. I beleive they for the most part warrenty these for life.

I just did that with my 6' light action. I broke it last year and it was just sitting in the basement. I heard they would replace it and they did with a rod that was twice as much as I paid for the combo. Gota love that!!

They do a very good job when it comes to rod exchange. Always no questions asked. Just bought a couple there today. Good Fishing!!

They just took back my rain gear that was leaking. However they did not have a size large to replace it, but they were good about taking it back.

I brought back a guide series rod a few years ago. They didn't have another one in stock so the guy picked a couple of name brand ones that was close in price and action. He said to pick one and called it even so long as I was satisfied. That's great service.

thats nice to know in case either of my guide series break. they have been pretty good to me so far though.

I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago. 6.5' Guide series im7 tip broke off they replaced it with a proguide im8 6.5'. Little better rod no charge, no questions.

I have never tried any Gander Series rods, but I am getting alot of advice from people about trying them. I may give them a try. How do Gander Series rods campare to the Cabela's rods?

The Lee,

I don't think that there is much difference in the rod's.

I have a couple of Gander rod's and a couple of Cabela's rods and the action on them is virtually the same. Price is equal and I think both stores have the same type of return policy.

I don't have a problem buying and using either store's rods.

( but my Girlfriend thinks I have a problem buying rod's, she thinks I have too many) Is that a problem? smile

Ok, thanks walleyewild. I am considering looking at a Gander rod for a first time Musky rod. I figure there are more Ganders out there then Cabela's, so I would have better luck getting a replacement should I damage it.

Nice too heare there is good customer service out there still. Glad you got your rod fixed.

The_Lee i think they are better rods then Cabela's they just seem to be built better and with the warranty like that how can you not like them. They are good rods and a good investment.

I would stick with cabelas...and i'm not saying that only cuz I work there smile

I had a pair of boots that I bought from Gander a couple days before deer season. After 3 or 4 times wearing them, they developed a leak that was quite annoying. By the time I got around to returning them, it was April, and I had probably worn them 30-35 times. No receipt, no box, and they took them back no questions asked. The Eden Prairie store didn't have my size in stock, so they called the St. Cloud store where I was driving through to have them set aside the last pair for me.

I would stick with cabelas...and i'm not saying that only cuz I work there smile

Well since you work there tell use why?? cool

Gander has been great about replacing anything with their name on it. Rods, reels, rain gear or anything else. As long as it has their name on it they will replace it with the same thing no questions asked. At least thats been my experience with them.

I think I will defenatly be looking into the Gander Series for my next rod with this kind of rave reviews I am getting.

Thanks for all the great compliments guys, trust me, they mean a lot!

And most've you are right, anything with Guide Series or Gander Mountain on it we will replace, or give store credit if we don't have it.

The Lee, I would reccomend a Guide Series Pro Select, or a Guide Series Extreme Musky rod. The Advantages and Competitors are the cheapest, but I've seen more Advantages than any other rods in the returns or defects. As far as Competitors go, they're the cheapest rods we have, so I just tend to stay away for them, especially with something as strenous as musky fishing. The Extreme Musky rods are $100, and I don't remember the exact price on the Pro Selects, but it's somewhere between $50-$80.

I'll be working Wednesday, 3:30 till close (9), and I'd be glad to show you some rods. Otherwise, the other guys there can certainly help you out!

Cabelas has pretty much the same return policy. I busted a fly rod I bought from them. I Returned it no receipt or anything and they gave me a new one, no questions asked. So it's all about personal preference. If you like Gander and its close then stick with that. Cabelas does have more of a selection to choose from when you do return with that broken rod or whatever it happens to be. Also every time I have been to Gander (in st cloud) the customer service was bad. I couldn't buy help from the staff there even when I was looking to spend some serious money.

Wow.....It's like the Twilight zone today.....

I was a manager for Gander in a previous life, and I would sit back and listen to my company being SAVAGED by posters day and night, even though we had great guys like Tonkabass working there as well as many others. GM is like any other store: some days they're on, some days off.....

To the point of "house label" rods; I won't buy anything but Gander, Dick's, Cabelas or BassProShops rods ever again for exactly the reasons posted.

Almost as good as the 200 dollar rods, and a lot nicer to deal with when the inevitable happens (and it IS inevitable).....