• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Headlamp

DTro

While perusing the aisles of Fleet Farm today I noticed a new headlamp. It's a cap light style. While the style that clips the bill of the cap is nothing new, a couple of the features were.

The thing that made be do a double take was that it is rechargeable. You can charge it 3 ways, AC/DC/USB.

It also had a function to emit a high frequency sound to deter the bugs.

I almost pulled the trigger, but decided not too.

I'd like to hear if anyone picks one of these up and see how long the battery lasts in between charges.

The packaging claims that you "never" have to replace batteries.

Well even rechargeables don't last forever.

I just have not had much luck with rechargeable batteries. In light emitting devices.

Here's some specs that I found:

N-Rit's environmentally-friendly G3 Rechargeable LED Cap Lights offer all the convenience of typical cap lights, but with the added benefits a more practical and powerful hands-free, six-bulb LED Cap Light delivers without the need for and the hassle of batteries. Simply clip one of these lightweight, multi-purpose G3 Cap Lights to the bill of your cap via the super-strong easy on/off clip to enjoy the latest LED technology which includes 2-1/2 times brighter illumination, five different light functions for maximum utility and an innovative ultra-sonic bug repellent feature. The ultra-sonic bug repellent feature is available in any mode and is activated by holding the mode button for one second. To recharge this eco-friendly G3 LED Cap Light, simply plug the included USB cable into your computer or utilize either the DC or AC adapters which come with this Premier package. Requires 3-1/2 hours to full charge. Charge once a month during off season.

Running Time

Mode 1 (2 center LED on constant) - 50 hours

Mode 2 (4 center LED on constant) - 25 hours

Mode 3 (4center LED on constant with 2 red LED blinking) - 20 hours

Mode 4 (2 red LED blinking) - 110 hours

Mode 5 (2 red LED constant) - 60 hours

* Specifications: Rechargeable up to 500 times

* 2-1/2 times brighter than other LED

* Requires 3-1/2 hours for full charge

* Charge once a month during off season

* Comes with AC adapter, DC adapter and USB cord for recharging

* Weight: 1.7 oz.

I know now, most might shrug off the anti-bug feature, but in another couple weeks we will be rethinking anything to keep them off of us grin

Thanks Dtro for the heads up on this. I also might have to check into it.

With video shooting and our digi camera's, those 4 led do not sound so bad.

Quote:
4 constant LED's and 2 blinking reds?

Ya, I just reread the stats. Strange????????

I wonder though, is this the series one clicker button style? I do not care for those all that much. When I need light, it is nice to switch a switch once to the setting you want, but the added features could out way that down side.

Let us know!

I'm gonna check that out. I wonder where the switch is on that one, I found the other cap style I couldnt rember what side of the lite the switch was.I'll find out tomarrow being fleet is 15 minnutes away.