Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GOOSEBILLY

dog proof for coons

12 posts in this topic

Anyone have a preference for dog proof for coons. I am extending my trap lines next year but must go with dog proof in these areas. Also does anyone have a favorite live trap of choice?

There are a number of them on the market and they vary greatly in price. For speed I prefer lil'griz getter or egg trap. Price wise the DP is half the price but take more time to set. Hope that helps.

Nothing but good from what i hear with griz getters. I plan on getting a dozen. They are expensive, but keeping the [PoorWordUsage] out of your traps might be worth it. Most skunks don't get caught, but people claim some do.

The black hole convesion kit for 1 1/2 coils are suppose to work well. grizz is great, but I am gettign 2 doz black hole this year.

Just watched some videos and read up on the Lil Griz Get'rz.....I'm hooked. Should be able to extend my areas and lines big time with em.

Grizz's are the best out there. Supply is short as Gary Bonnet is also in the logging bussiness and his father has health problems, Gary hand makes each trap.. Get them while you can.. Most supply houses are out.

My friend near Pine Island caught 983 coon in all Grizz's last fall in 4 weeks

Now that is some intense coon trapping to maintain an average of 35 coon per day for 28 days. I've busted my tail in a good year to average 20/day for a week and it nearly killed me. This guy must be made of steel.

The NTA convention was all out Lil Grizz Gett'rz on Saturday. Wow, they went quick. All vendors have orders in.

Everyone is out of grizz, but the black hole adn trapmaster seem to work well. If you want a good dela by a few dozen black holes before they are all gone.

Are the Grizz's cat proof. One of the farms I trap there are cat all over the place. The farmer said kill them all, but they are his wifes.

not cat proof, but lowere your chances of catching a cat. More cat proof than a 22o with fish. You can use anise or sweet bait to lower you odds even more.