• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fiberglass dull finish??how to restore ?

mr d

Question

5 answers to this question

Wet sanding the hull is hard to beat for overall long lasting results. It takes a whole lot of work, but trust me, if it's done right, that's the best option. Like I said it's a lot of work, but it's something most anyone can do...all you need is water and and the right (fine grit) sand paper. After all the sanding is complete, the boat gets buffed, waxed and then is ready to look pretty. Bass boat restoration sites are a good place to find in-depth information on restoring fiberglass hulls and how to do it properly.

You can try other easier stuff first, but if that doesn't work or fades with time, wet sand the hull...

3M makes a fiberglass restore you can use with a buffer. Best method I've ever found to restore faded fiberglass finish. My boat is black and the gunnels were very oxidated. This was the only method that restored it back to original.

Unfortunately, I borrowed my friends 3M formula and I can't find it locally. Wish I could give you more details....I need a bottle myself.