• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

aluma craft floor to be replaced

mr d

Question

help....aluma craft floor to be replaced. soft spot.

how too when to? any advise? the classic is older but still has life. easy?hard? don't even think about it? thanks

mr d new london mn

4 answers to this question

take a look at the floor pieces first. maybe the supports are broken.if rotten, you might be able to use them as patterns to cut new ones.cedar works real good for replacements. bought new outdoor carpet and stapled it on. been 8 years and still holding up. water left in bottom of boat is hard on floors use coated screw or galvinized screws.

Here is what you will see. Ours was '82. We added lots of extra alum bracing between the factory bracing/stringers. I would also use true marine plywood. While you are there, add a tube for running wiring to the bow. Also be sure to add extra backing for the seat bases. We thought we had enough, but had one pull loose after a fat guy bumped into it ('scuse me...).

82 Classic 16 floor replacement/restoration

It is worth it, but it will take more time than you think, maybe a bit more money than you think and you will get a sore back smile But worth it, and your boat will be like new. My vote it for vinyl floor covering.

Good luck!