• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good timing.... !

Fever

Ordered a St.Croix Premier 6'6" MH and a Pflueger Cetina Low-Profile Baitcast reel on Monday morning... Got a call from my wife just minutes ago... It is HERE! Awesome! Thank you Bass Pro shops!

Well the reel is 7.1:1 so I'm sure I'll use it for some spinnerbait tossin and some buzzbaits and save on the arm fatigue. I think I'll be able to deep water jig as well with it. To be honest I wanted something nice to learn with because up to this point I used nearly all spinning tackle. Deitz, what would be the best applications do ya think? How many days left of school for ya? We are done on the 3rd with kids and the 4th is a workshop day.

Fev- we had a 1/2 day today.. I had one of my field days this morning... was a nice morning.. Our last day is the 4th.. staff dev on the 5th.

As for a 6'6" MH rod and a reel that is 7-1.. there are a lot of options. I would shy away from spinnerbaits.. No need to burn a spinnerbait that fast, more often than not I am trying to slow myself down.. It would work for buzzbaits.. Deep water jigs like you mentioned would be pretty good... But would work for texas rigs and light carolina rigs quite well..

Again, enjoy the new toy!

I hit the Detroit lakes area this past weekend. Love the new set up by the way. Didn't have any luck on Pearl or Pelican but I did get into some fantastic numbers on Munson. I hit all lakes with an access on the south end due to high winds. Biggest fish was around 17 inches But I lost track of exactly how many I caught... Probably around 40ish from sat morning to sunday afternoon. Yep still doing that thursday thang!

Excellent, new toys are always an exciting thing... if you are anything like me, you cant wiat to get out and use it.

For all the other teachers out there... four more days and counting... field trip friday and done the 3rd or JUNE!!!! By my calculations I will be wetting a line by 630am Wed morning the 4th!

ALL-IN

Well, we always keep it at a maximum of 15 boats but usually we top out at 10 - 12. That seems to be a decent number for most area smaller lakes and launching and loading the boats doesnt take near as long. We will most likely be fishing in the rain tonight. Last week we fished Waverly. There was 11 boats and 21 anglers. One walleye was weighed in... it was a 14.5 incher. Two pike were caught as well... thats it. I am glad we can start targeting Largies now. I seriously hate fishing for three hours for Walleyes and coming up completely empty.

Our last student day here at Norwood Young America is the 3rd and that'll be a half day. The 4th is a workshop day for us and that afternoon a bunch of us are heading up to Mille Lacs for our yearly teachers getaway trip. i'll target smallies in the a.m. and Walleyes later in the afternoon and into evening. Should be a blast! Can't wait.

B-n-S,

Nope, I live in Lester Prairie but I work in Norwood Young America. I Teach High school Biology, Human Anatomy and I am the Head Softball coach.

We had our league last night on Granite (North East of Cokato). 12 boats showed up. Weather was bad with the wind and the rain but there were some decent fish caught. 1st place -three bass and ten pounds even, 2nd place 3 bass and 8.8 pounds, 3rd place - 3 basss and 8 lbs even, 4th place (me) with 2 fish and 6.5 lbs. My brother and I caught about 60ish bass in the 2.5 hours of the league. Bass need to be 12 inches or bigger to weigh. I bet I caught 15 bass that measured a hair less than 12 inches. It got called early due to lightning. I'm going out again tonight. I think the bigger fish have moved shallow and are in post spawn patterns. All shallow fish seemed small, aggressive, and were most likely males. The two bigger ones we caught were on the brake line and were just a skoash deeper.