• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So.. what's the plan tomorrow?

Slyster

Sly- I'll be turkey hunting.. LOL.. IF I were to fish, I would throw soft plastic jerk-baits up shallow till I was tired of catching small males.. then I would head out to a weed edge and throw some flipping tubes...

My guess, many metro lakes the bass are not even spawning yet.

I don't think they're even spawning yet in the metro. Senkos and DT/fat rap type cranks up shallow... working weed edges or rock piles with a variety of baits is my plan. Although I might not make it out til Sunday, my buddy is coming up and there's an 11 AM Leinies brewery tour scheduled on Saturday followed by the Flat Earth Tour at 4.

Are the Females in the area of the males? How long do the females stay in the shallows for spawn? What is the temp they come in at?

Thanks

I think it's going to be a mix of pre-spawn, spawn, and post-spawn depending on the lake of course. I was on Bryant Lake and the water temps were 65.5 - 69.6. And finally I can toss a tube tomorrow! Woo!

So last night on Pool 2 I was getting outfished by my buddy and his YUM Dinger. I was tossing a clown x-rap. I tie on a DT-4 bluegill crank. Just bought 6 or 7 DTs, never used em before. Get a 12 incher on the 3rd cast, a 14 incher on the 5th cast, and have a bigger (16-17?) get off right at the boat on the 8th cast. Needless to say, I might be buying a few more of these smile It was fun

Are the Females in the area of the males? How long do the females stay in the shallows for spawn? What is the temp they come in at?

Thanks

The males should be up shallow right now, it will depend on the water temp where the females are. They could be in any of the spawning stages. The weather will also be a factor for how long they stay on the beds. The water temp needs to be right around 60 degrees for them to start spawning.

Red Eye Shad, DT4, Xraps, Lucky Craft 100 Pointer and some soft plastics grinlaugh

I have looked around at a few lakes and it varys alot some the females are already on beds and others they are still staging(caught a few pike fishing new weededges and rocky points) you just have to figure out what the lake your on is doing and keep trying new things

I'll also be running the shore early to get some males and then heading deeper to get the females. My lake is definately pre-spawn right now...which is great. There's a couple of great points and flats next to the spawning areas that will likely be hot. Good luck.