Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uncle Bill

Water powered car

7 posts in this topic

This is very interesting stuff! I just got done looking through a bunch of related videos and links, this is no doubt the answer. Just think if a guy could convert a home furnace as well! I would imagine there are some potential problems, such as frozen water, corrosion, and the highly explosive nature of hydrogen, but I am compelled to do some experimenting. I'm thinking I could start with my riding lawn mower.

From Wikipedia: "The water fuel cell is a device invented by American Stanley Meyer, which he claimed could convert water into its component elements, hydrogen and oxygen, using less energy than can be obtained by the subsequent combustion of those elements, a process that results the reconstitution of the water molecules. Thus, if the device operated as claimed, the combustion cycle would start and end in the same state while extracting usable energy, thereby violating the first law of thermodynamics and allowing operation as a perpetual motion machine. Meyer's claims about the Water Fuel Cell and the car that it powered were found to be fraudulent by an Ohio court in 1996.[1]

Similar devices have been promoted by others (see Water-fuelled car): there is no evidence that any of these devices operate as claimed."

I underlined the most important part.

None-the-less it is compelling. It is far from a perpetual motion machine, you need electricity (battery, alternator) and fuel (water, cracked to release the hydrogen). The only problem I could foresee is the viability of delivering the proper amount of hydrogen. I am definetly charting a course to at least try and get an old small engine to run using only hydrogen in the manner described.

It can't be very compelling if it can't work. You can't break the laws of physics. I'm constantly amazed at the dumb stuff people will believe in if they think it might help them and the things they won't believe no matter how obvious if it might hurt them somehow. The guy's work was so poor that his investors sued him for fraud. He had to pay them their money back.

Remember the car that supposedly got 100 mpg by vaporizing the fuel in the fuel line? There's always some vast conspiracy preventing us from these brilliant inventions that would make life easy. Let us know when you get your engine running.

As we had men walking on the moon 39 years ago, along with many other technological marvels since and even before, there is no doubt that technology is out there to design a viable engine to run on alternative energy sources. Why it isn't happening is a mystery to me, a conspiracy to others and most of all a shame that it isn't happening.

I remember that 100 mile car back in the 70's I think...

I can't remember the guy's name but I think he put a heater in his trunk under a tank and that vaporized the gas and then I don't remember if he used a fan or just the suction from the motor after he started it the regular way, and shut off and disconnected the fuel line...I think it was in a big Ford Galaxie...might have been only 50 miles per gallon...then all of a sudden there was no more about it and the rumors flew about him getting bought off... shocked

Any way I found another guy that did it more recently in his 70 Plymouth...here's the site...byronwine.com/files/bill%20vapor.pdf...note that it is PDF form so you need Adobe or something, and give it time to load... sleep

There is a new small, light, one seater, from a Canadian Co., that gets 100 MPG and 0-60 in 5 seconds, was on the news and so on, it is called the Ale'...here is a site that gives a picture and a little info... cool

newscast.cnet.com23001139_362355001.htmlKeepThis=true&TB_iframe+true&height=400&width=780...

Remember to get the Caps and under thing right on this one as it may be sensitive to those...