Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Foss

Up the trail and in the yard

10 posts in this topic

With birds, animals and people finally on the move and starting to do late spring/early summer things, here are some images over the last couple of days from in and around Ely and up the Echo Trail.

All with the Canon 30D and Canon 400 f5.6L, various iso and other settings.

Echo Trail gray jay 1

2516350988_c87c9b2606_o.jpg

BIIGGfoot snowshoe hare at Fenske Lake

2515524903_717208ba80_o.jpg

Echo Trail gray jay 2

2515521585_3d37b1a873_o.jpg

Echo Trail gray jay 3

2515520967_2df697377f_o.jpg

Getting the kids out on Shagawa Lake

2515520473_c08aa20c9e_o.jpg

Male purple finch on dogwood

2516344482_0bd8445905_o.jpg

Female purple finch on balsam fir

2516343526_c0f62e2387_o.jpg

Male American goldfinch almost in prime plumage

2516343994_c354ede3cc_o.jpg

Beauties Steve, love that canoe shot, says that summer is indeed on its way!

Really like the purple finchs and gray jay 2. All are very nice.

In the 80's when I first used the internet, I imagined it to be a "remote window". Most of the net was dissappointing. Sites and forums like this are the "real ideal".

That hare looks like it could kick the [PoorWordUsage] out of something, with those back feet. shocked

I love the finch on the dogwood and the female looks like she's climbing a ladder. grin

Great images, I really like those grey jays. I think its their big curious looking eyes. I had a pair nest near my house this year. and they started bringing their babies to my suet feeder this spring. I had no idea the babies are almost solid gray. I have tried to get picture but not much success. I thought I had some new bird species at my feeder when I first say one!

Great pics! I like the canoe and the purple finch best.

That canoe shot is great. If it was my family, a nice big print would definitely be hanging on the wall in a spot of honor.

All very nice, Steve! Jay 2 is probably my favorite with the male purple finch a close second, and all the rest a close third!

All are great, but I love the close up of the jay. Beautiful,