• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stump Grinder $

lungslicer

Hey guys,

I recently acquired a 13 H.P. Honda powered stump grinder. I was wondering if anyone knows how much I should sell it for? I was thinking maybe $2500. I have six sets of cutting carbides for it. Also, does anyone know how to charge for stump grinding services? Thanks!

I have had guys grind some stumps for me before and when I was checking into it they were charging by the inch. But that was some time ago so I don't remember the exact amount they were charging. So my buddy came out and ground 8 stumps for $250 dollars. We have a true value that rents a 8 horse one for a $140 dollars a day.

we trade off equipment use from other golf course. We use thier stump grinder they ue our sand spreader, etc. But, the commercial stump grinders in my area charge 1.25 per caliper inch with a minimum charge that changes with distance to site, etc.

I paid $40 to have a stump and roots removed from my front yard.

It was probably 2 1/2 feet by 3 feet when you figure in the roots. They had to go down about a foot.

I thought it was a dang good price. Of course it only took him about 5 mintues to do it. Probably took longer to unload and load the gear.