• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oilman

Since there are no PM's, I will ask here. I have heard of some spray on oil from Amsoil that takes the place of 90 weight gear oil. I am interested in this for chains on our Mustang Telehandler. Do you know what this is?

Quote:
Synthetic Multi-Purpose Spray Grease, NLGI #2

The same great AMSOIL Synthetic Multi-Purpose Grease in a convenient spray formulation. Ideal for greasing hard-to-reach equipment such as hinges, springs and other common applications.

Package sizes include:

10.5-oz. Spray Can

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

AMSOIL GLC multi-purpose, EP grease is qualified against the highest grease standards, NLGI GC (wheel bearing) and LB (chassis), and is designed for multiple use applications. This grease is composed of synthetic base oils and lithium complex thickeners that provide the film strength, shear resistance and mechanical stability required for good grease lubrication. This combination excels in high and low operating temperature ranges by providing excellent oxidation stability, high temperature dropping points, good low temperature torque values and good low temperature pumping capabilities. GLC Grease is compounded with an effective oil soluble extreme-pressure additive for heavy loads, plus oxidation and corrosion inhibitors that impart good oxidation stability and rust protection.

That is the only spray grease that i know of. I bought a can of it with my last order. It is a redish color and has a thicker consistency to it. Definately more of an oil, than the say the wd40 stuff. I can't say it is the 90 weight class, but it probably would do the trick for you.

The spray grease will work, but not my first choice. AMSOIL has a synthetic spray 'wax' that is the best chain lube I know of - works on all types of open chains from dirt bikes (motorcycles) to agricultural implements to the small chains in a lot of small equipment; slow speed and high speed. It penetrates then dries to a hard coat that dirt doesn't stick to. It lubricates the side rails, the pin to roller, and the sprocket to chain contact too. It works with o-ring chains and non-oring too. (It is a slow set - typically overnight to hard coat.) It comes in a 1 lb spray can that sugg. retial is $5.00

Product name: AMSOIL Heavy Duty Metal Protector. It also works as a spot undercoater, corrosion protection, battery terminal protectant. It is a heavy or thick-film coating, with a yellow to brown color.