• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakes with motor restrictions

Phelan in St. Paul allows electric motors only, and it fishes rather well. I believe most, if not all of the lakes within the city limits of Minneapolis and St. Paul are electric motor only.

Check out the respective city or county government webpages.

In fact, all the lakes within the city of Minneapolis are electric-only. And believe it or not, there are some pretty good fish in all those lakes. I got a nice 25" 'eye out of one of them last night.

Also, if you look on the DNR HSOforum, somewhere with the boating regulations, you can find a list (I believe it's by county) of lakes with "surface use restrictions." It'll tell you which lakes have motor or horsepower restrictions, which is pretty handy.

Was that you I saw last night in the kayak? Even if it wasn't, as I was biking around the city lakes I saw someone pull in a really nice fish out in their yak.

Its amazing what you can find when you get off shore and away from the bucket brigades. There are still some good fish left.

I was in my beat-up red Coleman canoe last night. Caught a nice one, too...

I did see a guy in a really sweet yak last night. Rigged up real nice, with one of those kick-drive things... Not bad at all.