Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
minnleu

One Day!

10 posts in this topic

Is there a chance that for just one day, maybe tomorrow since it's the day before bass opener, that all the posts and replys can be positive.

I enjoy reading the posts on FM but gets to be a drag when most on the "Bass", "Open Water", "Metro" and most other lists are the C&R guys preaching to not harvest their fish, on their spot, on their lake or someone accusing a guy that had a good day on the water of fishing out of season when he clearly wasn't. Too mush time is spent on posts from guys feeling they need to defend themselves for doing what their 18 dollars entitles them to.

People who fish read the posts on this site. Not a bunch of slugs out to break the rules or to to screw us over. Some don't know all the laws and they may need to be informed not bashed. Some do know the laws and still abuse them, always been and always will be.

Good luck

Be safe

Harvest

Post your pics

Well said minnleu. I have done more C&R in the recent years but still harvest when I feel like it. I see no harm in it but I just keep enough for a meal every couple of weeks. I think it's up to the person fishing, if you wanna eat fish, take what you want up to your limit. If you're just out for fun, that's cool too.

I agree some do get bashed for doing nothing illegal and just enjoy keeping fish and feeding their family. Some just have their views and are pationate about it is the way I see it. Try not to take offense and have a good time. That's what sites like these are for.

No worries here, I have never personally kept a fish in my life. grin Simple habit. I dont even have to think about it.

It does bring up a good point. In addition, I never use live bait, so why did a buy a boat with a livewell and baitwell? whistle

i plugged the live well up in my ranger and use it for storage. the bait well is big enough to hold some panfish. ( if the weather is cool)

The baitwell doubles as a cooler to.

Duck

The baitwell doubles as a cooler to.

Duck

What kind of boat do you run? I have tried this in the past but it seems there is little to no insulating properties in the material. My ice melts and the beer gets warm within an hour.

i love eating fish. walleyes, lakers, salmon, panfish. i never take my limit and all the mid sized fish get released. other than that, pass the pan and oil

Is there a chance that for just one day, maybe tomorrow since it's the day before bass opener, that all the posts and replys can be positive.

I enjoy reading the posts on FM but gets to be a drag when most on the "Bass", "Open Water", "Metro" and most other lists are the C&R guys preaching to not harvest their fish, on their spot, on their lake or someone accusing a guy that had a good day on the water of fishing out of season when he clearly wasn't. Too mush time is spent on posts from guys feeling they need to defend themselves for doing what their 18 dollars entitles them to.

People who fish read the posts on this site. Not a bunch of slugs out to break the rules or to to screw us over. Some don't know all the laws and they may need to be informed not bashed. Some do know the laws and still abuse them, always been and always will be.

+1!!!

I'm normally a C&R guy but will never bash anyone who decides to keep a few for the table. I've done it and will continue to do it because I love to eat fish!!

Ethical harvest. Stay within the law. And all will be well.

especially with the high cost fo gas prices, I think keeping a meal by the lake is perfect.

Nothing like fish so fresh that they flop on your plate!!