• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Staying Around this Weekend?

hanson

If we have half the success you've been having, we are set! I just wish the high water would have deposited some more wood snags down there, although there may be, since I haven't been down there in a while.

Originally Posted By: rushing
I have to work most of this weekend then heading up to Sound Set on Sunday. I need a break from fishing anyways. wink

Already? The game has just begun! grin

Imgine scoring 200 points in the first quarter of Basketball game. Thats been my season so far. wink

Originally Posted By: Travis1
I should be around in the black dog area. Might see ya there mplspug.

I got two other guys going down there too. We could spread out a bit until we figure things out. You fishing for channels or flats? I am going to be down there, parking at the launch, around 6-7, probably closer to 7.

I just caught my first flathead today fishing for walleyes so I think I'll probably go for some channels but I might try for some flats if I can go find some bullheads at Moore's.

Does the bridge have flatheads or do you go for snags more?

What the heck were you fishing for? Sick.

Were you down there at all? The shore is pretty muddy, so I was forced to fish the bridge. My bully sure was active and I had what appeared to be a run, but if it was, it probably very big. There aren't a lot of snags, especially on the north bank. There is a tree on the south side which I may try the next time I go down there. It's been there for years. There are a lot of snags on the south end down from the spillway, but the banks are steep and it drops off quick. I am hoping once the banks dry up a little to hit the inside of the S curve there. I am thinking maybe the fish might move across river to feed.

What I really need to do is get out in a boat.

I know I know walleyes, but when you catch them 10 pounders its kinda fun. I thought you were talking about this weekend, cause that's when I'm going out and probably today. I tried walking on them banks... not very fun.

I walked about 1.5 miles upstream and fished last time I went. There's a few snags along the way.