• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cottonwood Seeds

I don't know about everyone else but in my area of the state it looks like its snowing in my backyard with all the cottonwood seeds floating around. For me that only means one thing, I will be getting out the fly rod and the cottonwood seed fly and go out chasing some carp.

Yeah was out on a couple of local lakes the past couple days. The cottonwood seeds are blanketed everywhere on most of them but they aren't surface feeding. Either they haven't noticed them or they are waiting for them to sink and just eating them off the bottom. But I did get out the nightcrawlers and managed to catch a couple of 6 pound carp and got to observe a huge number of them cruising the shallows in the crystal clear lake I was on.