Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bobb-o

painting Fiberglass Kayak

Question

anyone on here ever done any painting of a fiberglass boat? Restored an old kayak that i got a while back and now need some tips on how to paint it. Dont want the paint to start flaking off after a couple trips.

1 answer to this question

The main thing is if the gelcoat or glass is in good shape i.e. no cracks or pinholes. Since you just got done restoring it i'll assume it is. From there you just need to make sure that it's abraded well. No shiny spots. Use 400 grit on an orbital or else a red 3M scuff pad. Then clean it and your good to go

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• The Air fryer XL was 120.00 and the Air Fryer Oven was 160.00. If you Google Power Air Fryer or put a .com at the end you should find it. 3 or 4 easy payment of $39.99 depending on model and free shipping.
    • I bought a bag of the hearts and chips because I got sick of the mass of sunflower shells on the ground. Now, it’s only been a couple days, but it sure seems like I have a lot less cardinal activity at my feeders since making the switch. Do cardinals prefer the shelled seeds? 
    • I have a very short driveway (2 car lengths) and I always have 2 cars on it. Couple times a year the city says I cant block the sidewalk. (There is no sidewalk there) But they say thats where it would be if there was one so I cant block it   LOL
    • Ill bump you into 2018. I just picked up a WR250F and put plates on it. Not sure how much riding I will get done now though with the house build.
    •   Just my thoughts on that:   You’ll be glad you poured the edge thicker if you’re planning to stay there awhile.  A good, stable slab will reduce wall cracks and keep your door jambs plumb.     And don’t skimp on the insulation.  My current home is slab on grade with in floor heat.  It has 2 inch insulation under it but not up the side of the slab.  I’ll eventually add that additional inslulation around the perimeter.  The ground is a heat sponge.  Heat migrates to cold no matter what direction it goes.  The insulation will pay for itself in a short amount of time.  The higher the R value, the better.   Good luck. It sounds like an interesting project.
    •   Suzanna, if you had not saw the signs in the ditch on either side of your driveway in the past nor had a snowmobile groomer come through there. It sounds like one of the local snowmobile clubs may have added that stretch of ditch to their trail system. You may inquire around the area which snowmobile club is grooming and maintaining the trails in the area and talk to them. They can talk to their members about driveway jumping but they really can't stop some of the young nonmember folks around there from doing it. Please do not do anything like icing down the ditch, blocking it with things like logs, wire or anything else. If someone gets injured as a result of something you did, you will be liable. 
    •   Im pretty sure we are going to pour the edge thicker but I can not find that it is required. I know we have to insulate down and out from the outside edge but cant find the specifics for that either.   Thanks
    • Still some time to get your entry in!!
    • Yep. That is standard procedure for floating slabs. 
    • Thank you for the responses. I do know it’s a right of wayband not blockable...except...I seen one coming and did park in the area after work this week.  In a split second she/he turned around and went the other way. My truck would fill the approach but I only had the car that day.—this response is what I’m trying to avoid. knoppers-there was no bank there...there were little dots through the snow that was pulled back onto the driveway. Heck, he was up near the tree line. Wanderer-it’s a small rural area, I’ll be the ... The snow and ice is melting down to the tar today, they drove in it anyway. It’s 130 am and ya...time for jumping. Thanks for all the answers. I don’t feel alone in feeling it’s rude. That helps. 
  • MWO