Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tinkhamtown

Protect your kids

13 posts in this topic

Progress is being made on the 68-acre soccer field being built next to Hugo WMA.

Just seems like a wonderful place for children to play. West Niles, Lymes, Pack of Coyotes, Black Panther, hunting in WMA, and poor access, questions why our public officials made the decision to build a soccer field there?

Very poor quality Hwy 8 road access to park, large pot holes you could damage your car? No bike path or trail to the park.

Misquote born West Niles disease is in the area, have found numerous dead Crows and Blue Jays.

The deer tick population is exploding and Lymes disease is up in this swampy Hugo area.

Coyotes call the WMA home and have come in and checked me out while I was bow hunting the WMA. Coyotes are not afraid adults so should they be afraid of children.

Seen the Black Panther in the ditch next to the soccer field eating on a road-killed deer. Black Panther won’t be afraid of kids either.

Parents make sure to protect your children when you bring them to play in this close but wild and remote area.

Soccer is killing baseball! They should have built a baseball complex.

At least the short grass will keep the ticks and mosquitos at a minimum, and those wily coyotes are going to have a tough time sneaking up on the kids.

Was that Eldridge Cleaver enjoying the venison?

Was that Eldridge Cleaver enjoying the venison?

...or else Theodore Cleaver...Leave it to that ol' Beaver, to be mistaken for a Panther... whistle

The black panther of Hugo was mentioned on monster quest on the history channel.

I thought everyone in MN knew about the panther:) There where pictures in the St. paul pioneer and the Star probably seven or eight years ago. I have not heard of any sightings in last five years.

The pictures that were shown back then, appeared much closer to a big Black House Cat...maybe manipulated or not, but really not convincingly looking like a Panther, which up here of course, would be an escaped, abandoned pet at best...not an African Panther, tryin' it's luck in Minnesota... whistle

I believe so, but there are people that collect exotic animals and then they find out that they are hard to take care of and let them go. Morans, but it happens.

I believe so, but there are people that collect exotic animals and then they find out that they are hard to take care of and let them go. Morans, but it happens.

I meant as opposed to Africa