• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jitterbug lip

alluminum has the better option of being easier to fine tune the bend to get different actions out of the lure. it's light so that's a pro or a con depending on your view of weight and whether more or less ballast is needed to achieve the lure properties you want.. i.e. ride high, ride low, more bounce less bounce etc. aluminum doesn't hold paint well. never an issue with stainless if preped well. it's heavier than allumunum making your options of ultimate lure action fewer. harder to adjust for different action and needs to be really set in good because less give means it will break the lure, pull screws out that sort of thing. more durable as far as scratching but i've never seen an issue with alluminum breaking unless it's bent different ways alot which causes alluminum to become brittle. the line tie on stainless is far superior to alluminum in strength. personally i'd go with stainless and get a tight grain cedar blank, or basswood mabe. a little more bouyancy to give me more options. theres more but i hope this helps, good luck.