• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Custom Boat Cover Recommendations for Alumacraft?

AJ

Looking for a recommendation on a new custom cover for my boat. I want one that is custom-cut to fit an Alumacraft Magnum 165 tiller. Ideally, I would like the style that has a rope or webbing sewn into the edge, it runs around the entire perimeter below the gunwale, and cinches tight in the back with a ratchet or cinch strap. The cover will be used while the boat resides on my lift or in the driveway, I don't drive with it on. If you are familiar with Ranger covers, they attach in the same manner. Ideas? I am trying to avoid a cover that has many tie-downs that run down either side. I found a few places online, but the pictures are terrible and I don't want to drop $450 on a cover that I have not seen or received a recommendation on. In all honesty, I have been using an actual Ranger factory cover since '01. It has worked great, but is a little floppy because it if for a windshield 17 footer. Thanks.

I have a canvas craft that I am very impressed with. My only complaint is they fit it with the motor tilted pretty low. I think they rigged it with the transom saver on (which is to short). This was all done before I bought the boat so I didn't have any control over it, and I couldn't tell you what the cost was.

I've had 3 custom boat covers (3 different boats) done by North Country Canvas in Robbinsdale. I've had snap on's made, but I know he does straps also. Very impressed with quality and "custom" fit. I've got a Alumacraft 175 TP now, and he's made alterations as I've added kicker after original cover made. Very impressed with quality and service. Check out HSOforum. Nice examples of his art.

Canvas Craft is awesome for boat covers. I know many people with CC covers and nothing but good things to say about them. I have also fished in a CC ice house and the material they use is top notch. Give them a call and tell them what you are looking to do, and they could probably give you a quote over the phone.