• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Bassmaster Weekend Series Links

HellaBass

When you link, it guarantees both anglers a spot incase its full or if there is an uneven amount of boaters or non-boaters. IF they get too many non-boater, unlinked non-boaters can be bumped from tournament

If too many boaters, non-linked boaters will be paired together in a boater/boater draw

Its a 5 tournament series, June - Sept, Le Homme Dieu, Whitefish, Pokegama, Vermillion & Tonka

Here you go Musky, Entry Fee....$200 Boater $100 Co-Angler

06-07 LeHomme Dieu Chain Of Lakes

07-19 White Fish Chain of Lakes

08-02 Pokegama Lake

08-23 Lake Vermillion

09-27 & 09-28 Minnetonka

I am pretty sure the Tonka tournement is the TOC and you have to "qualify" for it. Not real tough to do as you only need 100 points so all you really need to do is show up for two tournements because you get 50 points for showing up. It is a really fun series and I would reccomend it. Due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be fishing the whole series this year but will try and make 2 so I can fish the tonka event. If you finish well enough you gett a shot at nationals and the winner gets a spot in the Big Show, The Bassmaster Classic.

Also as a freindly reminder to any non-boaters please remember that it is customary to share expenses for gas and oil with your boater. With oil prices where they are at this is something that should be taken into account. Good Fishing!!

What do you guys think a fair amount is for gas for the boater/pro. $20.00 used to be fair, but with gas approaching $4.00 should it be $40.00, or more? Does it depend on how far you run, or what? I have never fished as a non-boater, don't know if I would expect it from an amatuer partner or not. I am sure it would be nice to help cover expenses for the day. Are you fishing for yourself in these or is it a shared weight? Does the Co get any TM time? I have read a fair amount of posts about this topic on other boards, opinions vary.

I have fished a few tournaments as a Co-Angler, I have almost always offered some money to my boater except for a few times. The boater needs to be friendly and make the day fun, if they aren't friendly or just rude then I’m not paying them anything, cool That’s just my opinion. If the boater looks out for you and helps you catch fish then make sure you tell him and make sure you pay for any items he gives you.

I have giving a guy $70 dollars before for helping me catch fish. I won the tournament that day and if he didn’t help me I would have never won it. The boater is always going to watch to make sure he catches fish first and that understand able!!! If you run a lot I would give him more then if you didn’t, Just pay something, anything helps!!! grin

Just in our local small club tourneys the Non-boater pays 20.00 to the partner just for puling the rig to wherever we happen to be fishing that day.. We won't ever go over 20.00 becuz of the facts our club is laid back and take a have fun approach to things.. im my opinion though 40.00 isn't asking too much because of just what it costs to pull the rigs nowdays,not even figuring in boating time or expenses on the vehicles

Yup, here they are... grin

BASS weekend series

6/7/08

Le Homme Dieu

51 Boaters

Place Angler # Weight

1 Troy Schwab 5 16.1

2 Arnie Nichols 5 15.45

3 Steve Kordosky 5 13.81

4 Brian Brown 5 13.3

5 Brandon Moore 5 12.83

6 Joshua Douglas 5 12.36