Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HellaBass

MN Bassmaster Weekend Series Links

21 posts in this topic

I have 3 non-boater buddies signing up for the Weekend Series, so if there are any boaters looking for links, let me know

When you link, it guarantees both anglers a spot incase its full or if there is an uneven amount of boaters or non-boaters. IF they get too many non-boater, unlinked non-boaters can be bumped from tournament

If too many boaters, non-linked boaters will be paired together in a boater/boater draw

Its a 5 tournament series, June - Sept, Le Homme Dieu, Whitefish, Pokegama, Vermillion & Tonka

What is the cost for the tourney/series? What dates are the tourneys on?

Here you go Musky, Entry Fee....$200 Boater $100 Co-Angler

06-07 LeHomme Dieu Chain Of Lakes

07-19 White Fish Chain of Lakes

08-02 Pokegama Lake

08-23 Lake Vermillion

09-27 & 09-28 Minnetonka

Here you go Musky, Entry Fee....$200 Boater $100 Co-Angler

06-07 LeHomme Dieu Chain Of Lakes

07-19 White Fish Chain of Lakes

08-02 Pokegama Lake

08-23 Lake Vermillion

09-27 & 09-28 Minnetonka

I am pretty sure the Tonka tournement is the TOC and you have to "qualify" for it. Not real tough to do as you only need 100 points so all you really need to do is show up for two tournements because you get 50 points for showing up. It is a really fun series and I would reccomend it. Due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be fishing the whole series this year but will try and make 2 so I can fish the tonka event. If you finish well enough you gett a shot at nationals and the winner gets a spot in the Big Show, The Bassmaster Classic.

Also as a freindly reminder to any non-boaters please remember that it is customary to share expenses for gas and oil with your boater. With oil prices where they are at this is something that should be taken into account. Good Fishing!!

What do you guys think a fair amount is for gas for the boater/pro. $20.00 used to be fair, but with gas approaching $4.00 should it be $40.00, or more? Does it depend on how far you run, or what? I have never fished as a non-boater, don't know if I would expect it from an amatuer partner or not. I am sure it would be nice to help cover expenses for the day. Are you fishing for yourself in these or is it a shared weight? Does the Co get any TM time? I have read a fair amount of posts about this topic on other boards, opinions vary.

In club tournaments, non-boaters often can get TM time, but in BFL's & Weekend Series tourneys, the Co can only run TM in emergency situations

I have fished a few tournaments as a Co-Angler, I have almost always offered some money to my boater except for a few times. The boater needs to be friendly and make the day fun, if they aren't friendly or just rude then I’m not paying them anything, cool That’s just my opinion. If the boater looks out for you and helps you catch fish then make sure you tell him and make sure you pay for any items he gives you.

I have giving a guy $70 dollars before for helping me catch fish. I won the tournament that day and if he didn’t help me I would have never won it. The boater is always going to watch to make sure he catches fish first and that understand able!!! If you run a lot I would give him more then if you didn’t, Just pay something, anything helps!!! grin

I think I got one down, 2 to go.... Nobody else fishing Weekend Series or no guys that need links?

Just in our local small club tourneys the Non-boater pays 20.00 to the partner just for puling the rig to wherever we happen to be fishing that day.. We won't ever go over 20.00 becuz of the facts our club is laid back and take a have fun approach to things.. im my opinion though 40.00 isn't asking too much because of just what it costs to pull the rigs nowdays,not even figuring in boating time or expenses on the vehicles

Still looking for a boater to link with one more buddy for Le Homme Dieu weekend series tourney

Yup, here they are... grin

BASS weekend series

6/7/08

Le Homme Dieu

51 Boaters

Place Angler # Weight

1 Troy Schwab 5 16.1

2 Arnie Nichols 5 15.45

3 Steve Kordosky 5 13.81

4 Brian Brown 5 13.3

5 Brandon Moore 5 12.83

6 Joshua Douglas 5 12.36

7 Terry Tretsven 5 12.33

8 Richard Lindgren 5 12.16

9 Bill Mathis 5 11.54

10 Jason Kmecik 5 11.22

11 Travis Peterson 5 11.11

12 John Figi 5 10.79

12 Steve Ward 5 10.79

14 Brent Carlson 5 10.61

15 Steve Quinn 5 10.57

16 Daniel Bonneson 5 10.36

17 Joel Stokka 5 10.12

18 Richard Hill 5 9.62

19 Jim Severson 5 9.6

20 Brian Tonn 5 9.49

Big Troy Schwab 5.47

I've never fished a tournament before, but am interested in doing so, how do i get involved?