• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

L & M Fishing reports

Lake: Otatakan

Dates: 8/10/08-8/15/08

Group: Snortum

Report: Our "couples" trip. Easy to catch fish every day. Generally in the 15-16 inch walleyes-some larger, some smaller. Ate 2 walleye meals per day. Had one meal of northern boil. Walleyes generally between 12-25 feet of water out in the main lake. All equipment top notch! Well done again L & M!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake: Fawcett

Dates: 8/13/08-8/17/08

Group: Bates

Report: Walleye fishing was excellent! Caught many 20-25 inch walleyes while fishing for northerns on big crank bait and jerk baits. Found alot of walleye in cabbage weeds. Biggest walleye 25 inches (caught 2 at that size). Biggest northern 33 inches. Also had 2 larger fish up to the boat but was unable to get hooks into them.

Lake: Wright

Dates: 8/10/08-8/17/08

Group: Schmitt

Report: Great trip. Stable weather all week. High temp 85 degrees, low of 51. Fished all the lakes. L & M's catch and release policy's are really paying off with number of quality fish during our trip. Big pike of the week, 41 inches. Walleye 26 inches. Been doing fly ins for 20+ years. L & M is the best outfitter in the north. Completely reliable. Top notch equipment in perfect shape. Thanks Shane!

Lake: Dobie

Dates: 8/11/08-8/18/08

Group: Thomas

Report: Sunny all week. Walleye good on any bait. Northerns good in grassy points with jerk baits, spinner bait, and crank baits. Largest pike caught, 40 inches with numberous 20-30 inch pike. Walleye avg 17-19 inch everywhere. Had some top water action too.

Dates: 8/18/08-8/22/08

Group: Bunge

Report: Caught Walleye trolling 8-12 feet, casting jigs to 4 feet. Caught small pike and lots of walleyes during our trip. Weather was nice first day, turned windy rest of the week. Great Trip

Dates: 8/15/08-8/22/08

Group: LSF Group

Report: Caught over 700 fish in our 7 day adventure. They were eager to bite on just about anything, even plastics. Our pilot, Shane, was excellent as was the cabin. The trip was more than advertised. Thanks from the LSF crew!!

Dates: 8/17/08-8/23/08

Group: Larsen

Report: Good cabin and facilities. We had to work harder than other years for the fish with the weather fronts coming through and heavy winds during our trip.

Dates: 8/17/08-8/24/08

Group: Godfrey

Report: First time in August for our trip. Great trip. Biggest walleye 26 inches, biggest northern 37 inches. But we did not fish for northern. Fish were very aggressive. Artifical worked as good as live bait. Fished Wright, Kamiskag, Strout, and 7 dam lakes. We will be back...

Dates: 8/22/08-8/27/08

Group: The Estimators

Report: Small to medium walleyes, largest 25 inches. Biggest northern 34 inches. Fishing was slow and were not hitting well after the front came through. Good cabin and facilities.

Dates: 8/22/08-8/27/08

Group: Schulz

Report: Excellent facilities, lots of room. 2 stoves, 2 fridges, lots of space. Plenty of hot water. Fishing, "Well", thought I would never tire of catching walleyes but exactly that on our trip. Largest pike 36 inches, largest walleye about 6-7 pounds. Had a great time. Broke a fishing pole fishing right from the dock while trying to catch a fish I hooked.

Dates: 8/23/08-8/30/08

Group: Flowers

Report: Wind!!! 6 out of 7 days, 2 of the days up to 4 foot waves. Inspite of the wind avg 70-80 fish per day for our party of 4. Last day 125 plus fish. Caught bigger pike and walleye this year though on Fawcett compared to previous years. We are coming back.

Dates: 8/24/08-8/31/08

Group: Hoferle

Report: Northern fishing, caught big ones. Top 3 pike, 44 inches, 42 inches, and 40 inches. Several 20-30 inch class. Walleye fishing so so. Biggest was 21. We worked to get the walleye but they were there.

Dates: 8/30/08-9/2/08

Group: Tiffany

Report: Walleyes on every point and on the humps in 15-20 feet of water. Lots of "accidental" northerns too. Another great time at Fawcett lake with L & M.

Dates: 8/27/08-9/2/08

Group: Berendes

Report: Caught walleye everywhere particulary in the northern end of the lake. 17-19 inch walleye was the norm with some in the 20-23 inches. The fishing was great. The accomodations were excellent

Dates: 9/2/08-9/6/08

Group: Mayer

Report: From Gerry Roaldson, Dennis Mayer, Don Lichte, and Jerry Dorow. Walleye fishing was fantastic, fish size ranged from 16 inches to 28 inches. Northern pike activity slow, the Adams Family took great care of us and the treated us to great accomodations.

Dates: 9/2/08-9/7/08

Group: Kidwell

Report: Fishing is great as always. Have to quit bringing my wife because she always tells everyone she catches more than I do. Great time and very nice accomodations. Saw lots of bald eagles too.

Dates: 8/31/08-9/7/08

Group: Rose

Report: Another great L & M trip. Some pike over 41 inches, many over 35 inches. Plenty of walleye for fish dinners. Good action on buzz baits, chapper baits, and yozuri's. Shallow rivers this year. Cabin, boats, and all equipment great.

Dates: 9/7/08-9/16/08

Group: Shuey

Report: Arrived at Otatakan morning of 9/7/08, stayed 9 days. Weather was bad most of the time with wind, rain, and cold. However, the fishing was awesome with large numbers and some nice fish caught. Below is our daily count and time of fishing. This was one of the best trips ever. It was 3 total people. Largest walleye for the trip 26 inches, largest northern just over 40 inches. Which we caught 3 northerns at or just above 40 inches.

9/7/08, Day 1, Rigged up after we flew in the morning, fished 4 hours. Rain and windy. 94 walleye, 2 northern

9/8/08, Day 2, 7 hours of fishing. Wind and some rain. 146 walleye and 3 northern. Caught 26 inch walleye

9/9/08, Day 3, 8 hours of fishing. Wind and sunny. 136 walleye and 11 northern

9/10/08, Day 4, 8 hours of fishing. Windy, Windy, and cloudy. 173 walleye, 5 northern

9/11/08, Day 5, 8 hours of fishing. No Wind and Sun. 139 walleye, 25 northern

9/12/08, Day 6, 7 hours of fishing. Sunny and very windy, hard to control the boat out in the wind. 91 walleye, 7 northern. Caught 2 pike 40 inches

9/13/08, Day 7, 5.5 hours of fishing. Sun and rain mix, again very windy. 101 walleye, 5 northern, caught a 40 inch pike

9/14/08, Day 8, 6 hours of fishing. Cloudy with windy, cold, temps in the 40's. 147 walleye, 4 northern

9/15/08, Day 9, 2.5 hours of fishing. Sunny with wind and warm. 70 walleye, 3 northern. Larry and Shane flew in to do some camp work, they stayed for a fish fry.

9/16/08 Flew back home, had a great time

Total numbers for the trip for the 3 of us. 1097 walleye and 62 northern

This wraps up L & M's 2008 season. Hope everyone viewing my reports enjoyed reading them and found them helpful. I flew out our last group of fishermen this morning to "offically" end our fishing season. If anyone has any questions during the off season, feel free to let me know as Ill gladly try to answer or comment on any questions. I hope to do the same thing next year for 2009 with posting fishing reports on this web site for those who want to check back next season.

Hey Shane~ I enjoyed reading through the reports over the course of this season. You guys run a great operation up there, and I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future. Except for the liquor stores closing at 6:00, we had a blast on our Wright trip in July. Enjoy your hunting season and good luck to ya!!

Thanks Jeff, funny you mention the liquor store. I still have that bottle of Yukon Jack on reserve, I tried to pawn that bottle off to acouple of other groups who wanted more liquor for they're trip, yet, no one wanted it. Have a good winter, stay in touch.