• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My response to my Ethics post

I would first like to say that I have never figure 8ed for a Muskie out of season and never will. Not only is it illegal but why would any responceble angler want to hook a fish that may possibly procreate the species.

It was just a question that I thought up while driving back from the lake the other day and I thought it would be an interesting topic.

Why would one be fishing for muskies out of season? I guess you could use the fishing for pike line, if you truly were fishing for pike. A fine line that unfortunately some cross. Only you have to justify what is right or wrong for your own conscience. People will always judge others behavior, right or wrong, based on their own beliefs-its their nature.

later,

toddb

Obviously, you don't need to be fishing Muskie to catch one out of season. I've caught them on more then one occassion on a jig and minnow fishing for walleye, or throwing cranks and spoons looking for Pike or Bass. It happens...

But if it's out of season, I don't bring it into the boat if I can help it. If I have to bring it into the boat so I can get my lure back, I'll do that and put it right back. But if possible, I'll just extract the lure or cut the line and release him without pulling him from the water.

And just let me say for the record, that I have never caught a Muskie out of season. The paragraph above is me just saying what I WOULD do IF one were to hit my line pre-season.

I've been out pike fishing this year and seen more muskies than I ever did muskie fishing last year. Throwing 1/2 ounce daredevil's and they won't leave them alone. [PoorWordUsage].