• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NBA Draft

Barony

Wolves, as expected statistically, have the #3 pick. Beasley and Rose will be gone. Let the mock picks begin.

Interestingly, the Bulls had a 1.4% chance of getting the #1 pick and they did. Conspiracy by the NBA ? That would never happen.

I'm not in love with the lottery, but at least it keeps those who tank their season from getting the #1 pick guaranteed! Wolves will screw up the #3.... I mean what are the chances we pick the right guy...... it has only been about 10 years or so since we made the right pick.

sdfjklasdfjksadlfjasdklfsdjakfl;. Even with Chicago moving up and knocking out Seattle, we still ended up with the third pick. This major market crud is really getting old. Did I say too much?

Let the awful draft history continue.

I like this Brook Lopez kid wolves need a big man next to Jefferson under the boards. But knowing the Wolves history of drafting players they will probably draft a guard which we already have enough of.

I really can't stand the NBA anymore. Amazing Chicago first then Miami I am surprised the midget commisioner isn't having the Knicks pick third what a joke!

We should take OJ Mayo. We need a better outside shooter for Jefferson to kick out to when he gets doubled team.

I was shocked that we even got the 3rd pick. I thought we would get the 5th pick! So I guess it was a good lottery for the Wolves!

Get those Mayonase(spell?)T-Shirts made!

This draft looks like a bust all over. I think that we would be dumb not to get Lopez though. He's really the only legitimate center for us at that point. We need to take pressure off Al and hopefully he can be a 10 point/8 board guy in the league.

When I hear a big man under the basket, all I think about is Paul Grant and that great selection. Meathead will figure out a way to 1) screw up the draft and 2) screw up who ever he selects. I can't take this team anymore. Good thing Tubby had a great class, although, without the BTN on my cable, I can't watch them either!

I would take Lopez with the #3 pick. Big and physical center. We traded Garnett to get draft picks to rebuild and end up with #3 and everyone is mad. Yeah the first 2 are no brainers and the Wolves need a center. Why take Mayo? We already have like 6 SG in Foye, Gomes, Brewer, Buckner, McCants, and Snyder. Telfair and Jaric as PG. Take Lopez!! Big men are hard to find in the NBA. All you haters of the #3, what should we do? Trade down and get more picks just to hate them because the guys we want are all gone. Lopez will be a wolfie next year.

Lopez will be the guy like you said already have enough guards. This is from the mock draft on SI.COM and guess who they picked-

C- Brook Lopez Stanford,

Going with a true center enables them to shift Al Jefferson to his natural position of power forward and saves him from being worn down against bigger players. The Timberwolves may try to trade down to get Lopez a few picks later, but they'll risk losing him to Memphis, which is looking for size up front too.

Why take Mayo? We already have like 6 SG in Foye, Gomes, Brewer, Buckner, McCants, and Snyder.

Mayo is/will be better then all of those 6 gaurds you just named. Foye is fragile, Gomes is only good in garbage time, Brewer is to small, McCants just can't, Buckner..well do I need to explain, and Synder is ok, but I would have Mayo starting over all 6 of these guys. IMO.

Lopez will be the guy like you said already have enough guards. This is from the mock draft on SI.COM and guess who they picked-

C- Brook Lopez Stanford,

Going with a true center enables them to shift Al Jefferson to his natural position of power forward and saves him from being worn down against bigger players. The Timberwolves may try to trade down to get Lopez a few picks later, but they'll risk losing him to Memphis, which is looking for size up front too.

Heard simular on ESPN radio last night after the lottery pick.

I just wish we could watch the actual ping pong drawing it just seems to much of a secret thing they must hold at area 51. This is getting real old with the wolves!!! I agree with ya aces I cant believe they actually didnt drop back.

I just wish we could watch the actual ping pong drawing it just seems to much of a secret thing they must hold at area 51. This is getting real old with the wolves!!! I agree with ya aces I cant believe they actually didnt drop back.

I don't believe they do the ping pong balls anymore. Correct me if I am wrong, I now think they use a computer and generate the pick by what % chance you have on getting the number 1 pick. I think the % is based on like 5000. Something like that. Maybe someone will have a better explination of the process.

I too think they could trade off a couple of the SG and get a big man. Synder made his stocks rise after the end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if they traded 1 of the SG and our 1 of our 2nd round picks for a average or better then average big man.

I It wouldn't surprise me if they traded 1 of the SG and our 1 of our 2nd round picks for a average or better then average big man.

They are rebuilding. 1st year of rebuilding they will not be trading for any new big man unless he is promising and young. I think Lopez will be average out of the gate and progress from there.

Yes they are rebuilding but that doesn't mean they need to take a big man this year. They might opt to ake a big man next year or the year after. It is not set in stone that they have to take a big man this year. I rather go with talent this year and gamble on getting a big man in the future. It's hard enough in college to play against a 7 footer, but to play against 2 on the same team at the same time? I am not saying Lopez isn't good, I am just saying that when I watched him last year, he wasn't as productive when his brother was on the bench compared to his brother being on the floor. I see another bust coming if we pick him. Decent centers come through the draft once in a great while, and I don't see Lopez being a decent center in the NBA.