• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

09's what will we see?

Roofer

It will be real soon when 09 models will be announced. Any guesses on what various brands will do? I read that CanAm has a power upgrade for the Outlander to 69 HP! and the side by side will be a 2010 model.

Will there be use ability upgrades or power upgrades? I think there will be more mid-class atv's and two-up models.

I have a feeling that most manufacturers will be over 800cc for their flagship.

I can see Kawi going over the 800 mark. I would love to see the KFX700 get a boost in displacement and HP.

Honda's big news for '09 is already out with the TRX 700XX. From the reports I've heard about it, it's a bit of a disappointment if your looking for a Raptor beater with big horsepower. Not to mention the weight of 505 lbs.

I haven't heard anything big from the Suzuki side. They might be working on a twin for the 800 class, but don't expect it until the 2010 or 2011 model year.

Yamaha may even release a larger machine to trump their own Grizzly 700. I hear there is a 500 class machine in the pipeline for Yamaha.

I think AC might be holding back for the time being with their earnings announcements lately. This has more to do with the snowmobiles having poor sales, but I think they can come out of this. They do have ATV sales over seas for street use. If I'm not mistaken, Suzuki still owns a share of AC. I think the number was 26% a couple years ago. Piaggio, a major scooter manufacturer, I believe is the importer across the pond for the Euro market. So AC has some good potential backing in the event they would need it.

Overall, the changes will be minimal this year. Once the economy turns around and people have more to spend, the mfgr's will let loose with more major updates.

I have been hoping Yamaha and Suzuki would come out with a twin for a couple of years now. A twin combined with the Yamaha or Suzuki belt driven tranny would be a great combo. That's one of the things that have kept me from looking at the Kawi's. I've only heard that Yamaha was coming out with a 550 Grizzly. Usually there is alot of big cc rumors coming from everyone, but not so much yet this year.

Suzuki made it's move last year bumping to the 720 (750).

Yamaha needs something new. They are sliding into the Honda category where it is all about their name and dependability.

I have heard about some Kawi belt problems, but I have never had a problem myself. They desperately need an 800 or 850 engine. It can easily be built using the 750 engine they have now. Just needs to be bored out. There is plenty of room, unlike the outty 800.

Although, it looks as though CanAm is easily taking over the ATV market.

I have heard Polaris is going to be making some big changes. The new machine that will eventually phase out the Sportsman will have a 680cc engine. The motor is turned 90 degrees with the clutches facing the rear with the clutches stacked vertically with one right above the other. It looks like the Can Am Renegade except with racks.

Of course this is all rumors for now. Stuff that I heard from a friend of a friend.

You got Yamaha and now Honda with power steering, so my guess is that the others will follow with that in a year or two.

Atleast as an option upgrade or something. To a lot of people that might be a big thing, especially for possibly women riders?

If that was Suzuki's move from 695cc to 722cc it was a pathetic one at best! It has 1 more HP, what a joke! They spent alot of time on that one! Yamaha could easily do the twin cylinder thing also, but when will they step up? I'm not a believer in the Kawi belt drive or the popo belt drive. Yamaha's and Suzuki's seem to be alot more durable to me.

If that was Suzuki's move from 695cc to 722cc it was a pathetic one at best!

Exactly my feelings as well. A small bump in displacement is nothing to get excited about. Too bad all of the mag's get on the band-wagon as well and praise the increase in displacement.

I will never understand why the mfgr's can't bring themselves to build a "TRUE" 800, 750, 600, 450 cc machines. Many times we see them cut the machines short by 25+cc's i.e. Sportsman 800 (760cc), Suzuki KQ750 (722cc), Yamaha Raptor and Grizzly 700 (686cc), Honda TRX700XX (686cc), Yamaha Wolverine 450 (421cc).

I will be buying another Rubicon and I sure am hoping that Honda finally puts EFI and IRS on them.

I'd like to see Honda offer both a IRS and a SRA model to appeal to both true utility and the "sportier" trail riders.

Maybe bump their hp numbers a little more. I think all of their machines from 400cc on up they could add 5 more hp without jepordizing their renowned reliability.

I'd just like to see the rubicon's transmission in the rincon. Maybe a locker and adjustable shocks too. I won't be holding my breath though.

This year I'm thinking yamaha or suzuki are going to take the jump to an 800. I could definitly see polaris coming out with a renegade type machine. AC might take a year off before any more big changes. Although I could see them putting that 950 into a sport-ute machine. Can-Am, well, they'll probably just keep getting faster.

Honda just announced that there was a recall for their electric power steering.

Is this a good thing, Or jus something else to break?

yamaha was the first one to use PS on quads, and they made it work right the first time

What I am hoping for in 09' is some re-designed quads from Polaris. They have stepped up big with some changes in the sport quad category. I am hoping they make some cool changes in the Utility area now. I really want an updated scrambler. They havent changed hardly anything on that quad in the last 10yrs. Something to compete with the renegade in the sport/ute category.

i like my scrambler, its old and outdated but its been through h3ll and back with no issues. plus I dont have to worry about the frame bending like a banana on a can-ham

im due for new quad, i really want a sport ute that I can set up for XC racing, just not sure what I want right now though

I'm guessing with Yamaha's 700 still being fairly new, you won't see any changes. It also seems to be a popular quad and I'm sure the sales are good. Probably not much change from Suzuki either. I could see Polaris coming out with something to compete with the Renegade. I'm guessing the Can-Ams will stay the same, maybe some added horsepower in some H.O. package or something. Kawasaki could easily move up to an 800+ cc and I think they may go for it. Honda will probably have a new flagship machine, I'm guessing a 5 speed Rincon-styled tranny with 700 cc's and they same old limited slip front diff, and probably the addition of power steering. AC will most likely stay the same. These are my thoughts on the big bore/flagship areas, I'm sure there will be new additions to more of the line-up, but that doesn't interest me as much.