• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reindeer Lake (Saskatchewan) In Early July For Pike

TMF89

Hey guys, just got some new news, turns out it'll probably rain over half the time we're up there, all light drizzles and showers. Any advice on pike fishing during this?

I can tell you that 20 plus years ago when you had that type of weather you would either use a daredevil or floating rap, either a 11 or 13 in the gold / black or silver / black colors.

Fish the bays, if the weed growth is not to bad and if it is use a top water bait. Nothing like seeing the boil on the water. Back in 1984, I did catch a 23lb pike out of this lake. Went back in 85 and we could not get on the lake as the ice was still there and that was the 1st week of June. After that we no longer went that far up, started fishing the Church Hill river chain north of La Ronge. I imagine that the bugs will be bad too. Try listeren, orginal, and they will stay away from you. Have a great time and make sure you post results. Are you driving up?