• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitebass Shore Fishing on Devils Lake

Does anyone fish for whitebass from shore in Devils lake and know when they will start to bite like crazy? I have never fish during May/June time to see if they bite during this time of the year. When do the whitebass spawn in Devils lake? Thanks!

Any new whitebass fishing actions from shore? I want to book a fishing trip to Devils Lake and don't know when the WB will start biting from shore. I assume the water temp needs to be warm in order for WB to start hitting from shore line. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I will answer your question. White Bass spawn is pretty much over or in its last stages. 6 Mile Bay area, Black Tiger Bay area were producing the most. Walleyes were mixed in too. Northerns are plenty as usual also. Fathead minnows and bright colored jigs works.

The late ice out and cold temps held the spawning later than usual this year. There is no exact location on keying in on the fish. You will have to move about to find them in the areas. Sometimes waiting out the bite in a certain area or choosing to fish at different times of the day are important. Morning and evening hours are best. Light wind blown shorelines are key to finding fish.

Good luck and happy fishing.

went out last weekend and caught white bass every cast for over an hour from a boat. Went out the next day into black tiger bay and caught many from shore. Look for the people fishing from shore and you will find the fish.