• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opening day lake??????

So what lake is everyone going to be on for opener? Luckily for me, I have guard drill, so I will wait until Monday when the lake is quiet. I will probably spend my first few trips on Alexander.

With the gas prices-luck for you, you dont need to go far to that local lake.(JK) Glad i have someone to split the cost with this year. I still love my local lake but that will be the after work lake.

it's gonna be nuts everywhere - alex is the only lake i think i can take on a weekend, then miltona midweek on through - can't come soon enough

Ooooph... I don't even think I can take that... The Jet Ski and Water Ski situation on that lake was HORRIBLE last year... Add the milfoil herbacide that they dump in there in June, and I swear my chances would be better in the big mud puddle that forms near by driveway after a big rain storm!

That's the one problem with Minnesota, all the muskie lakes get crowded. I'll be over in WI on Saturday for opener and I know of a couple lakes within 15 miles that you can fish for skis and not have another boat within 300 yards of you the entire day. One has an evening speed limit and the other doesn't know what a recreational boat is.

I got to work opening day but sunday ill either be on Alex or Mille Lacs. Pending on if they get Alex sprayed before opener or not. Last couple years Alex has been slow the first couple weeks of the season do to the milfoil spraying. Hate to waist a day of fishing again.

Duck

I was surprised last year at how FEW boats there were on Bald Eagle, or maybe I was just not on "muskie" spots. I've actually considered trying the night bite for the opener. In the past I've waited on night fishing until the summer got heated up but have read more and more about night time being the right time all year. How many of you night fish and how early in the season do you start?

C'mon now - thousands of spots on Alex - they're not going to be spraying everywhere - my foolproof plan of attack is immune to the adverse effects of milfoil spraying!!!!

As far as traffic, that's the only lake where I can ignore it without getting bent out of sorts. For my money, rec traffic is better than too much fishing traffic, cutoffs, spot sharing, etc, so I can handle the jet skis when I have to.

Anyone sees a white Alumacraft with the black Merc 60 on the back stop by and say hi and we can compare notes.

Here, here pig! Can just never get enough of that lake!

I will be prowling the waters in a black Lund with a 90 Opti on the back. Tow it with a white Yukon. Launch mainly from the east access. Always up to talk muskies:)

Alex was sprayed last friday for millfoil. Yes, they only spray parts of the lake but with the wind and current that stuff get pushed all over the lake. If you want to fish it, fish it. Im just saying that it is normaly very slow for a couple weeks after they spray. If you go I do wish you luck. I wish I felt more confident fishing Alex after they spray but living 15 min from the lake and I fish it alot. It has been ugly after they spray. Thats all im saying.

Duck