• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

22.5 Inch Largemouth

fishin58

Lets hear some guesstimates or exact knowledge of the girth and weight. It was big...thats all I know, my new personal best..too bad it wasn't season..but I would have ler her swim to fight another day anyways. I wish I would have measured girth!! From what I could find on the interweb the girth is prolly between 16-18?

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm146/slysatter35/n643147376_857832_8474.jpg

Facebook works fine, but it's blocked at work for some people so it won't always show. Just right click on it and go to properties. On the address(url) field just copy what's there and paste it in a post. Surroung it with address_goes_here

Ok..some more info..I am 6'3 260, the spot on the pic from my armpit to the bottom of the fish on my chest by ruler is 8.5 so times 2 that is 17, fishes gut plus another 2? plus 1 1/2-2 inches for the the fishes back....Are these fair estimates??

Girth is tough to estimate, it's something you really need to measure. But it is pretty round and looks to be full of eggs. I don't think it would hit the 7lb mark though, somewhere in the 6 range. Still a very nice fish.

She is a fat one! I have a 23in on the wall that the hand held was jumping from 6.8 -7 so i call it 6.8. Caught another 23in that went 6.7. She went back in the lake. So you are in the ball park.

Ok..some more info..I am 6'3 260, the spot on the pic from my armpit to the bottom of the fish on my chest by ruler is 8.5 so times 2 that is 17, fishes gut plus another 2? plus 1 1/2-2 inches for the the fishes back....Are these fair estimates??

Awesome looking fish!

Thats sounds like a plan. 7 it is!! I caught her on a X-rap in between northern Bites..I wish I would have measuerd girth but I didnt want to have her out of the water while I looked for the dang flex tape...Didn't plan on having to measure any girth.

DWW- I see where you are coming from.. But your comment is un-warrented, you dont know the situation.

X-raps are a great pre-spawn lure for bass.. One of the best.. However, its also an awesome SPAWN lure for pike.. one of the best if not the best. So, my question, if you want to catch pike, should you not throw what is best?

If you caught a lot of bass in an area and still throw the x-rap then yes I can say you were targeting bass.. but if your intension was to catch pike and caught them, and few bass, then I am fine with that..

my point.. lets not jump to conclusions!

It sounds like the angler caught the bass, did a quick tape and pict and put it back.. all you can ask of someone who caught the biggest bass of their life while fishing pike.