Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sandmannd

Will they ever get it?

36 posts in this topic

So I was watching the national news last night. They said Obama has focused more on going against McCain now. Hillbillary is still trying to fight and says she will take it to the end. This reminds me of Gore going after Bush and the mess that election was. How are you supposed to vote for either one if they can't even say, OK you got it, now run with it. It's rediculous. I don't really expect either have a huge chance to win, but we'll see.

I see that as one of the main reasons the Democratic party has struggled in recent decades getting the high office. They seem to bicker too much among themselves. For some it is an opportunity to see more variety of ideas but for the party it shows a lack of unity and consistency.

They should try harder to work out their differences before they get to the primaries and maybe then they'll have a better chance for success. When Bill Clinton won the presidency, the democrats were more organized and the results are in the pudding.

Bob

What's to get. In past years when there hasn't been an incumbant, they've gone into the convention with several candidates. The media and the DFL brass seems not to want to play that game this time around, feeling that as much time is needed before the election to concentrate against McCain.

I would say the "right" is doing everything according to plan. The only way to defeat the democrats in 2008 is to ensure lower income white males have an "undesirable" choice in the Democratic Party. This has been accomplished by donations to Obama's campaign. The internet made it even easier. I don't find it at all strange that Wall Street contributed far more to Obama's campaign than any of the other candidates. Divide and Conquer.

I just wish we had McCain in place instead of the current occupant 8 years ago. It would have hurt the wallets of me, my kids and grandkids a lot less. Seems everyone wanted a puppet. And there is nothing worse than absolute power in the hands of the mentally weak.

I would say the "right" is doing everything according to plan. The only way to defeat the democrats in 2008 is to ensure lower income white males have an "undesirable" choice in the Democratic Party. This has been accomplished by donations to Obama's campaign. The internet made it even easier. I don't find it at all strange that Wall Street contributed far more to Obama's campaign than any of the other candidates. Divide and Conquer.

I just wish we had McCain in place instead of the current occupant 8 years ago. It would have hurt the wallets of me, my kids and grandkids a lot less. Seems everyone wanted a puppet. And there is nothing worse than absolute power in the hands of the mentally weak.

??????????

You lost me here

Mmmmkay.

And too many people want the candidates to be their puppet...that is part of the Dems problem...they are trying to please everyone. Too many people trying to get their hands up the candidates' - well - puppet holes.

Go back to the 2000 election...how do we end up with a choice between Bush the Lesser and Gore, over McCain and Bill Bradley (who both lost in the primaries, and who both would have been better than the two [PoorWordUsaage]clowns we had to chose from)?

Because McCain and Bradley had the audacity to think for themselves, and disagree with the party when they thought it appropriate. And the parties can't have people actually thinking for themselves...they need idiots who can be told what to think by the special interest groups who prop up the parties. They need mindless fools who determine thier position on issues based on the party platforms...rather than actual thought and deliberation.

Behold the political process.

Of course, in my humble opinion, anyone who wants the job of elected official should be automatically barred for life from holding it....

that way we wouldn't get the the career politician.

Of course, in my humble opinion, anyone who wants the job of elected official should be automatically barred for life from holding it....

that way we wouldn't get the the career politician.

So someone who wants to make a difference and would like to run for office is bad? Maybe not a career politician, but a citizen who runs to make gov't better.

I think what he is saying is the large republican backed donators would flood donations to Obama’s campaign, in hopes he would win the Democratic Party nomination and his elect ability over McCain would be none existent. That or they flooded Obama’s campaign with donations to give him a running chance to compete with Hillary this far and cause the situation we have now (IMO is not a bad one). If Obama did not have those large campaign donations, he would have never got this far. Hence causing the so called Divide and Concur theory, with the Republican Party come out in the end.

Also he is saying He wished McCain had won the Republican Party in the past elections and been president the last eight years, instead of George Bush.

Just a guess! grin

Why can't the democrats find a great candidate?

Choice for democrat this year...bad or worse.

answer: because they are democrats.

Shackbash.....we have a winner.

You said it much better than I did.

Once upon a time you could vote for a Republican without it costing you an arm and a leg.

What was accomplished from 2000-2006 with a controlling congress and the executive office is well....sad.

I would hope McCain would have led this nation into more than just an unwinnable war. Now it just feels like the same manipulation.....

With a nation as great as this one to have had the choices we have had for the past 20 years for President is a major disappointment. Nature of the Beast I guess.

If we are going to pay for this anyway, I would rather see tax payer purchased air time for debates or substantative coversation pieces vs. the bastardization of democracy we work with today.

We can do better than this. The bigger question is how?

And when do we know we have done better? It doesn't matter what we or anyone does, those that live by the conspiracy theory can't bring themselves to believing anything is real. They stick to the belief that everything done or everyone doing it is in it strictly for the money only, even if that is not true and you'll never under any circumstances prove otherwise.

Bob

Originally Posted By: Hammer Handle

answer: because they are democrats.

Couldn't have said it better myself. grin

And when do we know we have done better? It doesn't matter what we or anyone does, those that live by the conspiracy theory can't bring themselves to believing anything is real. They stick to the belief that everything done or everyone doing it is in it strictly for the money only, even if that is not true and you'll never under any circumstances prove otherwise.

Bob

I neither consider myself a conspiracy theorist nor that everything is all about the money. Though I'm quite sure the Trillions of dollars this country is in debt are very real. Greed is only one of the seven deadly sins.

You will know you have done better when there is accountability for sleeping with the help, unconstitutional invasion of privacy and initiating wars based upon lies and with a blind eye to the ultimate outcome whenever you become entangled in centuries old tribal warfare.

Originally Posted By: BobT

Bob

I neither consider myself a conspiracy theorist nor that everything is all about the money. Though I'm quite sure the Trillions of dollars this country is in debt are very real. Greed is only one of the seven deadly sins.

You will know you have done better when there is accountability for sleeping with the help, unconstitutional invasion of privacy and initiating wars based upon lies and with a blind eye to the ultimate outcome whenever you become entangled in centuries old tribal warfare.

Dont forget that there was a vote to get us there, and from what I remember, it was voted by congress as well as the house to send our troops over seas... people should quit blaming our prez for all their problems.

Where is that Swimmer dude when u need him??

dude that chick in your pic is WAY hot... is that your wife?... just kiddin.

Originally Posted By: Big Tom
Originally Posted By: BobT

Bob

Dont forget that there was a vote to get us there, and from what I remember, it was voted by congress as well as the house to send our troops over seas... people should quit blaming our prez for all their problems.

Exactly, very good point joey. I have said it time and again, the total disrespect for the office this man holds discusts me. Like him or not, he is the President and that should command a certain level of respect. I not a Bush follower, I did vote for him, but that was for lack of anything better. Didn't like Clinton, but respected him as MY President. I don't remember anytime in history when people have been so divided and disrespectful and that discusses me. I can handle jokes about him or any other politician. In fact I love them, the skits on SNL and all the other stuff. But when you just start bashing the President and show no respect what so ever, it's a sad state of affairs. That's just one man's opinion.

I sure hope Obama wins, then gas will go back to 1.89 a gallon, the war will end, we will all have more money, more free time to spend it, less taxes and can sit around and sing Koombyeyah. Won't it be great?

That would be awesome huh Wade. If only everyone could win on Pipedreams. Anyone who thinks anything is going to change all that much is so mislead it's not even funny. Gas will continue to go up. Taxes will go up as will all Dems and if you pull everyone out of Iraq you will leave a mess for the next person to clean up.

I sure hope Obama wins, then gas will go back to 1.89 a gallon, the war will end, we will all have more money, more free time to spend it, less taxes and can sit around and sing Koombyeyah. Won't it be great?

laugh

Quote:

We can have our fantasies can't we? grin

if you pull everyone out of Iraq you will leave a mess for the next person to clean up.

Which is exactly why you don't go into these places. You have to be prepared to fill the vacuum you leave when you remove the existing power structure. There is never a good exit strategy. You continue to sacrifice personnel and material until the voting public demands an end to it. The tribes continue to wage war against each other until another regime gains enough power, resources etc. No guarantees they will be any better than the one you got rid of. But since Congress authorized it based on all of those WMD's it is what it is. The Strategic Petroleum Reserve should be filled with Iraqi Oil. I'm quite certain we've paid for it.

If by some sad chance Obama or Hillary are the next President, God help us all. We can't afford that kind of fiscal irresponsibility anymore.

I would just like to see a return to the days of the Republican Party where less government and fiscal responsibility were things you could depend on instead of "family values" tripe and dumping the nation's future down the rat hole that is Iraq. Some people are somehow blind to the opportunity cost of this crusade and the responsibility for initiating and maintaining it.