• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moultrie 6. 0 Q's

Just picked up the 6.0 an the directions are a little vauge on somethings, what exactlly is Time Lapse Frequency and It has 32mb of internal memory but to save images on a sd card dose the internal memory have to fill up then it saves to the card or dose it just save to internal memory an sd card. Any thing would help. Thanks, boar

Boar....the time lapse frequency is how often the camera takes pictures after the initial activation. Let say a bear comes in and trips the sensor and gets it's picture taken. The time lapse frequency just tells you how often additional pictures are taken if he hangs around. If you set the time lapse to small you'll get lots of pictures of the same critters.

Once you put an SD card in the game camera, all the pictures go on the card. It doesn't fill the internal memory first. Make sure to buy yourself a few SD cards. You can switch them out without removing the camera and check them on any digital camera you have at home (if they take SD cards). Don't buy SD cards from Cabelas or any sporting good stores. Watch the adds for the electronic stores and you can pick them up for about $10 for a 1 gig card.

Since I know you are bear hunting, let me suggest picking up an old ammo box and cutting a few holes to make a protective housing. Bears can be pretty hard on cameras.

Hmmmm I guesse I'm still a little confused, sorry. Is'nt that what Image delay an multi image are set for? I under stan setting image delay for number minuets between pictures when an aminal is detected an multi image is number of pictures with in the time set for image delay. So if I set the Image Delay for 1 Minuet an the multi Image for 2, the camera will take 2 pictures in that one minuet with 13 second delay between pictures. Right? So Im just a little fuzzy on the Time Lapse Frequency, Sorry. So If I dont want alot of pictures of the same animal, a mid range setting on the TLF should work.

yea I picked up a couple of sd cards at wally world good price, 2gb for 24$. I was wondering about a protective housing too, I work in a welding shop so I should be able to make some thing that works, Thanks alot Hub. Later boar

Boar...I think I might have steered you wrong. I just looked at the directions and Time Lapse Frequency has to do with being in Time Lapse Mode. Bascially if you put it in Time Lapse Mode it takes pictures at a specified frequency instead of being triggered by movement. The unit of time that it waits before taking the picture is set by the time lapse frequency. For instance if you set time lapse frequency to 4 hours and put the camera in time lapse mode it would take a picture every 4 hours.

Thanks Hub, I aprreciate the effort, I've been playing with the camera quite abit an am sarting to get a good understanding of it. Boy for a trail cam, it's pretty sophisticated. Thanks again. I've been working on fabricating a steel housing at work, an was wondering should I cut out each individual piece like the of course the motion sensor an shutter an IR areas or just cut out a big square. I work with a plasma cutter an am very versed in the plasma cutting department, I gonna use 1/6 steel sheeting any thing bigger would be to heavy of a finished product, I figured on cutting out each individual area, making a duplicate protective face plate. Thanks boar

Boar...I've seen commercially made protective cases and they cut out each little area. I just cut out the whole thing because I'm lazy. My bears typically haven't tried to chew the game cam, they just swatted them off the trees.