Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vikingmeatwad

Lowrance H2O question

12 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, I got all I need for lakemaps but what do you guys use for travelling with the Lowrance H2o for maps?

Mainly if I am travelling I would love to have recent maps of the area with restaurants, Points of interest, etc.

Thanks!

Go into your settings and you can turn on/off any option you want to go Menu 1 time >Categories and then customize to your liking. I just learned this the other day myself.

Yeah but I mean state park info, etc. I pulled up Mt St Helens and I didn't see anything. I will pull up the settings and check that everything is showing.

I did find info about Mapcreate 7 software on Lowrance's site but I was hoping there were other options.

Thanks

Yes, this question relates to travelling outside of the midwest :-)

Lowrance sells the MapCreate Software. I have an older version - it's a 6 CD set that covers the entire US. It has some incredibile detail. We were just down in Arizona and it had reservation roads on it that were barely paths out in the toolies.

I have a 512 SD card and can get all 5 upper midwest states on it at once. It has all the POI's, hunting and fishing lands, all sorts of stuff. I've used it on 3 road trips of over 3,500 miles each and never got 'lost' by more than a half mile anyplace - and I specialize in going to a lot of 'no place' places. By the time you buy the set, card and the card reader you may have close to $200 into it, but well worth it in my opinion.

I have mapcreate 7, (it came with my 112c) and am not overly impressed with it. It has old maps, and the mapping itself is not very accurate. It is nice for generic maps. Also, no turn by turn directions, just maps. I did fit all of north america on one 2GB sd card though.

Oh, the POI's are not very current, I tried to find the old chicago in St. Cloud, not listed. The street I live on is not on the map either, and our house was built in 2000.

Thanks for the input everyone. It looks to me like Mapcreate may be the only option version 7 I believe is the newest one but I will have to see how updated that is before purchasing or looking for something else.