• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance H2O question

vikingmeatwad

Question

Hey Guys, I got all I need for lakemaps but what do you guys use for travelling with the Lowrance H2o for maps?

Mainly if I am travelling I would love to have recent maps of the area with restaurants, Points of interest, etc.

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

Yeah but I mean state park info, etc. I pulled up Mt St Helens and I didn't see anything. I will pull up the settings and check that everything is showing.

I did find info about Mapcreate 7 software on Lowrance's site but I was hoping there were other options.

Thanks

Lowrance sells the MapCreate Software. I have an older version - it's a 6 CD set that covers the entire US. It has some incredibile detail. We were just down in Arizona and it had reservation roads on it that were barely paths out in the toolies.

I have a 512 SD card and can get all 5 upper midwest states on it at once. It has all the POI's, hunting and fishing lands, all sorts of stuff. I've used it on 3 road trips of over 3,500 miles each and never got 'lost' by more than a half mile anyplace - and I specialize in going to a lot of 'no place' places. By the time you buy the set, card and the card reader you may have close to $200 into it, but well worth it in my opinion.

I have mapcreate 7, (it came with my 112c) and am not overly impressed with it. It has old maps, and the mapping itself is not very accurate. It is nice for generic maps. Also, no turn by turn directions, just maps. I did fit all of north america on one 2GB sd card though.

Thanks for the input everyone. It looks to me like Mapcreate may be the only option version 7 I believe is the newest one but I will have to see how updated that is before purchasing or looking for something else.