• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Indigo Bunting

Picture, shmicture! Nice just to see such a gorgeous bird, and you don't need a picture of a bird to make a thread on this board about a bird.

Thanks for sharing the experience. I love the color of those male buntings gringrin

Saw my first one of the season yesterday at the feeder. I've only seen them here a few times. Very beautiful birds. I took some pics but they didn't turn out well through the window.

Good for you! I've never seen one - don't know if they come up this far. Did get to see my first cardinal in many years in the Cities last weekend. No chance for a shot, though.

I saw my first one yesterday (Wednesday). It was at a distance though and I didn't get binocs on it fast enough before it vanished. I want a better look! The sun was hitting it and it looked sky blue...dazzling.

This is quite blurry, but heres an indigo bunting Mrs. boatfixer snapped.

IMG_1147.jpg

heres a gold finch

IMG_1145.jpg

So far, it's been a good spring at the feeders with many different birds visiting the feeders. Still waiting for the bluebirds.......

Now, if she could just get the cardinal, oriole, bunting, goldfinch, rose breasted grossbeak to all cooperate and hold still long enough, that would make a nice picture!!!!