• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm looking at coming up to ND this weekend to plant some deer food plots. How wet is the ground and has there been alot of recent rain in the Leonard area? This would be approx. 50 SW of fargo.

Thanks for the info.

That area has received a decent amount of rain Tom... I think you'll be ok. Further south and west of there has not received as much, but a decent amount.

If you go to this HSOforum: NDAWN you can take a look and see how much rain they've recieved in Leonard, the temps, soil temp, etc for a given date or range of dates.

Good Luck!

marine_man

Thanks for the offer Scoot. Carter and his wife along with a few others will also be there and they will all be willing to go to work. I figure one good day and we should have it all done. One food plot will be for my handicapped hunter who I will guide this fall.

Glad to hear it went well. If you're headed back there this summer, let me know- I'll happily run out and help.

Yep, the Sheyenne is really low! It rolls through here not too far from my house. I might spend a fair bit of time chasing cats on it this summer- easier to pinpoint them in some of the deeper stretches when it gets really low.

I talked to a farmer in Harvey and he said they could really use some rain.

He told me my secret pot hole was now dry. mad

Last year there was a good two feet of water in it in October.

Sifty

I was just up to Harvey this past weekend Sifty... lots of dried up pot holes - lots of dried up ponds everywhere.

Things are pretty dry up there.. as they are down here in SE ND... but not like Harvey & West.

marine_man

Yep, it's amazing how fast it dries up. We had people talking about all the "dang rain" a few weeks ago and now they're begging for it... A couple inches across the entire state would be a good deal for sure.