• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda 50

snowfighter

Had my 2000, 50hp Honda in today to trade and they did some testing on it. They came up with 2 cylinders with 135# compression and the 3rd with 100, also did a bleed down and said the 3rd dropped to either 80% or loss 80% didn't hear him for sure.Anyone out there know worst case $$$ that would be to fix. They went on to say maybe head gasket, or valve, or piston, wouldn't know without a tear down. I didn't get into any prices with them I thought I would get some other opinions first. Still runs good. Any ideas?

Well I would take it to another shop for a second or a third diagnosis. Why did they test it in the first place if it was running good ?

I was trading it in on a new motor so they said they would run some tests for condition for trade in valve.

I am not implying they are, but I think it looks shady to me when major defects are found on a trade in, unless they are obvious.

I would definitely try another shop or independent mechanic.