• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smelt??

So I froze a few smelt I caught from a couple weeks back and I was wondering how most people fish them. I live right by the Might Mississippi and a few other lakes that have big pike in them. I've hear about just laying it on bottom or putting a big weight on and going deep with them also. Anyone ever put them on a bobber and just make sure they sit right on the hook? Any input is appreciated! thanks!

Used to use them when I lived in ND. I would go off the bottom with them and they worked pretty good. One thing I would do is take them out the night before and let them get a little stinky.

I like them on a circle hook and a bober. Just something I can cast out and "forget about." Great when pontoon fishing with the fam.

"...bobber down..."

"...yup..."

"...well..."

"...well what?..."

"... what are you waiting for?..."

"... It's Your MOve!!!..."

"... I'm talking abot the fish!!!..."

"... It is a circle hook and a frozen Smelt, I will hook him when I am good and ready. Let the fish enjoy it for a moment...."