• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Adding Fishhawk Passenger Console

nthomps66

Question

Anyone have any experience adding the passenger side console/windshield to a Crestliner Fishhawk side console boat? I have a 2004 Fishhawk 1750 SC and I've decided I need the other windshield. Is the dealership the only place to order this part?

Thanks for any input.

13 answers to this question

I like the sound of that. I'll give them a call.

Are you glad you made the switch?

Also, did you have a snap-on cover you had to have altered then? I assumed I could just roll with the cover I have and remove the plastic windshield part from the passenger console when I cover it up.

Thanks.

I have the 1750 DC and I love it. It give your fishing partner a chance to face forward when burning across the lake. It doesn't take up much room and allows you to go back and forth from the bow w/ ease. I used to have a full windshield walk thru and had to get rid of it. I would fish from it and it was a bear to move from front to back to net fish, get bait ect. With the bubble size of the council and windshield you can move around them. Good luck, you could ask about the DC cover when you call. It is the same one except it has the two cloth covers under the tarp to protect the windshield. I have a pole in place between the two councils for travel to contain "whip" with the cover. There are 8 bolts that keep the councils on the boat.

I just ordered the console directly from Crestliner for $247. Rapid Sport Marine, where I bought the boat, wanted $580 for it. Nice mark up over there... Thanks for the $300+ tip Sutty!

I've been wanting to do this for a couple years to my 1998 Fishhawk 1750 SC. Do any of you know if Crestliner has parts available for this year?

Thanks in Advance!

I love having the extra console, I did have to alter the cover(not personally I paid someone to do it). I have the one that has the plastic clips on the sides of the covers that slips into the grooves on the boat and snaps in the front and the back. I don't think just taking off the windshield will let you use your cover without altering it. Mine would not anyway. I was a few inches short of making it with both windshields off.

Ya there are many areas where having a dealer install something is worthwhile but the markup on this job is pretty silly.

Last year I was told that Crestliner offered parts such as this for ten years after the model year. That applied to my 2004 though.

Give them a call at 320-616-5600. Bruce was helpful if you ask for him. He set me up with a butt seat and 27" post for the front of the boat too.

I purchased my 04 fishhawk with both consoles,my cover has bunjees that clip onto the trailer,and it fits fine with both windshields removed.Crystal Pierz can order the parts for you to add one.My brother did his last year.

That's who added ours on...we had to wait to have the cover custom tailored though to fit both windshields. We also had removable windshields (spring up clips) put on to help accommodate the cover as they both need to be removed to have the cover on. The cover is the new style with the track system and the snaps bow/stern. They did a tremendous job though with rigging the console as well as electronics! Hats off again to CPM for their good work!